Hardware Electrical Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONHardware Electrical EngineerJob ID:
Job Title-Hardware Electrical Engineer Job Location- Rochester, NY Job Code- CS20160908-13465 Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving our customers' toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports customers in more than 125 countries and has approximately $8 billion in annual revenue. The company is organized into four business segments:
Communication Systems, Space and Intelligence Systems, Electronic Systems, and Critical Networks. Job Description:
The HW electrical engineer will be responsible for delivering sound electrical solutions that meet product requirements utilizing the latest technologies and methods to create cutting edge products from concept to implementation. Responsibilities include preparing detailed specifications for the devices and accessories development projects, working with internal and external engineering resources to develop, validate and deliver end high quality products. Tasks include working with System Engineering and Product Management to establish and document detailed requirements, analyzing/evaluating designs for compliance with specifications and design documentation.Scope of Responsibilities/Expectations:* Candidates for this position are results-oriented problem solvers that have engineering expertise in electrical systems.
* In this position, responsibilities include certifications for LTE products, including those required for commercial cellular network deployment. It also encompasses the development and validation of hardware solutions which utilize both internal and third party software.
* You will work as part of a multidisciplinary team responsible for developing state-of-the-art wireless communications products for LTE architectures.
* Typical assignments may include system design and testing, modeling, and prototype development with your designs. Qualifications:* 8+ years in designing and/or modeling EE systems with a (BS) Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
* 3+ years of experience in small form factor LTE devices; CAD layout and design tools; RF communications equipment and testing (LTE call box); Snapdragon product line; and general electronics is also required. Preferred Additional Skills* Effective written and oral communication skills required.
* Work effectively with cross-functional teams.
* Experience working with third party development teams.
* Experience with product development and manufacturing introduction.* The candidate should be familiar with Android SW implementation on the HW.
* Familiar with embedded antenna design and LDS technology. Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions. Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Job Profile Matching Criteria:Expertise --Electrical Education Bachelors (or equivalent work experience) Job Type Full Time Location USA - NY - Rochester .