Hardware Engineer I - Digital
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAbout Plexus Engineering Solutions
Plexus engineers serve as the product design and engineering engine for leading companies, across major industries.
Through our diverse range of product and technology solutions Plexus engineers impact lives throughout the globe. We deliver innovative solutions throughout the entire product lifecycle, from early concept development to manufacturing and beyond.
Supporting a large breadth and variety of products, Plexus engineers work in a fast-paced, high variety, technically challenging environment that provides intense technical and leadership development. Passionate about customers, our teams have an industry-leading record of technical achievement.
At Plexus, you will maximize the impact of your engineering and leadership talent.
Learn more about how Plexus Engineering Solutions can elevate your career through our video: https://vimeo.com/151433264
About The Boulder Design Center
With a local population that boasts more Ph.D.'s per capita than any other US city, the Boulder Design Center's 70 engineers and designers serve customers in the Western and South-Western United States. Our engineers form a close-knit, elite team with 16 years of history providing leading companies high quality, innovative designs. Situated at the gateway to the Rocky Mountains, Boulder is a family friendly city with a small town feel, consistently ranked as one of the best places to live in the United States. Featuring a lively arts and culture scene, prestigious universities, Boulder is only miles from world class skiing, trails, and gorgeous mountain scenery.
About the Role
Complete detailed designs for a broad range of complex products across multiple industries for a diverse customer base, involving amplifiers, RF applications, transistor circuits, power supplies, signal conditioning and/or mixed signal boards designs. Examples of recent digital designs at Plexus include network interface card and data switch board for a supercomputer, computer board for a smart infusion pump rack, and video processing card for military aircraft.
* Architect and design hardware solutions by analyzing the performance and feasibility of alternative hardware concepts using circuit theory, simulations, and mathematical models. Implement and verify the hardware design by using the appropriate EDA tools.
* Deliver prototype hardware to customers by implementing physical hardware designs by selecting components, capturing schematics, and supervising PCB layouts.
* Develop and execute hardware design verification test plans per requirements specifications to ensure prototypes meet design requirements.
* Support the development and assembly of prototypes by providing documentation and assistance to ensure high quality prototypes are built in a timely manner.
* Develop project documentation in accordance with quality and change management procedures and guidelines to ensure project information is properly organized and archived.
* Participate in performance reviews to ensure employees' continuous improvement and growth.
* Directly interface with customers to clearly and concisely communicate technical information.
* Assist project team members in other engineering disciplines in the development of hardware subsystems and interfaces as required by the project manager to ensure overall project success.
Skills & Abilities
* Schematic capture
* PCB layout guidance
* Timing analysis
* Signal integrity simulation
* HDL coding (VHDL, Verilog, System Verilog)
* Operating general lab equipment (DMM, oscilloscope, logic analyzer, device programmers)
* Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to articulate and present ideas internally/externally
Education & Experience
* A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering Technology is required for this position. A Master's degree is desirable, but not required.
* Experience of less than 1 year is required for this position, assuming education requirements are met. Equivalent industry experience of 1 or more years is highly desirable
* Experience with EDA tools Cadence and/or Mentor Graphics preferred
* Experience with design tools Pspice, Matlab and/or Mathcad preferred
All offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality agreement.
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Depending on the position and location, some of our customer contracts that are governed by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) may require us to only consider applicants who are US Citizens or permanent residents (green card holders), or have been granted political asylum. Thank you for your understanding.
Working At Plexus
Empowering People, Innovating Solutions, Achieving Excellence
Plexus is a global company that values your growth and development and knows that our success is the direct result of our empowered, hard-working and dedicated people. At Plexus you can push the boundaries of innovation and discover your highest potential. Whether you're an experienced professional or skilled manufacturer looking to expand and enhance your career, a recent graduate ready to make an impact or a student eager to gain hands on internship experience, you can make a difference with us.
At Plexus we provide opportunities for growth and development at every level and encourage all employees to be leaders. The foundation of our culture is built around Our Values and How We Lead behaviors exemplified by our Plexus People: Customer Focus, Relationships & Teamwork, Integrity, Open Communication, Excellence, Prioritize Our People, Solve Problems, Be Courageous, Be Strategic, and Innovate.
Our global operations allow us to attract people with broad and diverse backgrounds from all over the world. Discover why more than 12,500 dedicated individuals choose Plexus as the workplace of choice to grow their careers. Apply today!