Hardware Engineer II 9/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY CAE is a global leader in delivery of training for the civil aviation, defence and security, and healthcare markets. We design and integrate the industry's most comprehensive training solutions, anchored by the knowledge and expertise of our 8,000 employees, our world-leading simulation technologies and a track record of service and technology innovation spanning seven decades. Our global presence is the broadest in the industry, with 160 sites and training locations in 35 countries, including our joint venture operations, and the world's largest installed base of flight simulators. Each year, we train more than 120,000 civil and defence crewmembers, as well as thousands of healthcare professionals. www.cae.com
Hardware Engineer II
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for implementing, testing and documenting Aircrew Training Devices and related subsystem hardware. Uses a variety of standard hardware engineering methods and techniques in solving problems. Decisions made are within established guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Provides analysis related to the design, development, and implementation of hardware for products.
* Develops test strategies, devices, and systems.
* Performs stress and performance tests on a variety of computer hardware including circuit boards, processors and wiring.
* Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
* Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
* Must also be able to generate preliminary and detailed designs as required for enhancements or modifications to existing designs, requiring the application of current industry design concepts and utilization of basic technical writing skills
* Applies established procedures where the nature of the system, project feasibility, equipment involved, programming languages to be used, etc., have already been decided.
* This position will require performance of tasks with an emphasis on hardware modifications and integration.
* Some system design work may be required.
* Applies theoretical knowledge and engineering techniques to the solution of basic analytical engineering problems assigned.
* Selects or modifies proven methods, mathematical formulae, previous design and test information, handbook data, or other available information related to assignments.
* Prepares and completes the design of components or portions of moderately complex functional systems, working from overall operations, functional, quality, and similar design requirements.
* Designs or selects needed equipment or materials.
* Performs liaison with and provides technical assistance to the test group during test preparation and actual testing phases.
* Generates preliminary and detailed designs as required for enhancements or modifications to existing designs, requiring the application of current industry design concepts and utilization of basic technical writing skills.
* Expected to work without constant supervision.
* All hardware implementation phases (code, off-line test, and documentation) are expected to be performed.
* Must be able to perform effectively as part of the project team.
Qualifications and Education Requirements * A Bachelors degree is required in engineering, physics, computer science, mathematics or related curriculum; or two (2) years related practical experience in technical field in place of each year of formalized education. Master s Degree is a plus.
* Minimum of three (3) years experience required.
* Related skill areas should include technical writing and presentation skills.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required. All communications must be in English.
Technical areas of expertise must include: current hardware development methodologies, origin and proof of concept knowledge and skills.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical documents and procedures or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedural manuals.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, fractions, percentages and ratios to practical situations.
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
Must comply with all company security and data protection / usage policies and procedures. Personally responsible for proper marking and handling of all information and materials, in any form. Shall not divulge any information, or afford access, to other employees not having a need-to-know. Shall not divulge information outside company without management approval. All government and proprietary information will be accessed and stored electronically on company provided resources.
* Incumbent must be eligible for DoD Personal Security Clearance.
* Duties will be performed in an office environment and Training Services shop facility.
* This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
* Moderate to high levels of stress, associated with technical, schedule, and customer issues are to be expected with this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Must be able to work overtime and on off-shifts as required. Occasional travel.
* May be required to sit down for long lengths of time.
* May be required to climb stairs.
* Must be able to travel CONUS and to International sites
* Must be able to climb stairs to enter and exit a simulator
* Must be able to perform effectively as part of the project "team".
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
CAE USA INC. IS AN EOE/AA EMPLOYER AND GIVES CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. IF YOU D LIKE MORE INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR EEO RIGHTS AS AN APPLICANT UNDER THE LAW, PLEASE CLICK HERE EEO IS THE LAW POSTER.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CAE is firmly committed to ensuring a positive and professionnal working environment in which all people are treated with dignity and respect. We aim to provide a fair and consistent method for filling job openings in support of equality