Hardware Engineer Sr - Digital
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAbout Plexus Engineering Solutions
Plexus engineers serve as the product design and engineering engine for leading companies, across major industries.
Through our diverse range of product and technology solutions Plexus engineers impact lives throughout the globe. We deliver innovative solutions throughout the entire product lifecycle, from early concept development to manufacturing and beyond.
Supporting a large breadth and variety of products, Plexus engineers work in a fast-paced, high variety, technically challenging environment that provides intense technical and leadership development. Passionate about customers, our teams have an industry-leading record of technical achievement.
At Plexus, you will maximize the impact of your engineering and leadership talent.
About The Neenah Design Center
Plexus Engineering Solutions' Center of Excellence for over 35 years, The Neenah Design Center is home to over 200 engineers and designers providing quality, innovative designs to our customers around the World. Residing in East-Central Wisconsin, The Fox Valley Region is one of the largest & fastest growing urban centers in the state, having been recognized as one of the Best Small Places for Business and Careers by Forbes.com while also being named one of the Top 10 Best Affordable Places to Live. With a population of more than 230,000, The Fox Valley offers a unique and attractive blend of urban lifestyle and small-town culture with a wide variety of recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast, all conveniently located only a short drive from Green Bay, Madison, Milwaukee and Chicago.
About the Role
A Digital Hardware Engineer at Plexus is involved in board-level designs, FPGA designs, and signal integrity analysis. Examples of recent digital designs at Plexus include network interface card and data switch board for a supercomputer, computer board for a smart infusion pump rack, and a video processing card for military aircraft. As a Senior Engineer, you are a key technical contributor on projects, an interface to Plexus' Customers while serving as a mentor & leader to others.
* Develop engineering/product concepts that are innovative, high-quality, cost-appropriate, and satisfy all stakeholder (customer, manufacturing, material, etc.) needs and requirements throughout the full Product Realization value stream
* Utilize appropriate tools and equipment to perform necessary design work including design creation, design analysis, and design verification
* Support proposal development through the identification of project tasks, durations, interdependencies, risks and assumptions
* Effectively work independently without direction from mentors of functional management
* Directly interface with customer to clearly and concisely communicate technical information
Skills & Abilities
* Schematic capture
* PCB layout guidance
* Timing analysis
* Signal integrity simulation
* HDL coding (VHDL, Verilog, System Verilog)
* Operating general lab equipment (DMM, oscilloscope, logic analyzer, device programmers)
* Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to articulate and present ideas internally/externally
Education & Experience
* A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering Technology is required for this position
* 6+ years of digital hardware design experience is required; 8+ years is preferred
All offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality agreement.
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Globally, our policy is to recruit people from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, certain positions require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants for these positions may need to be U.S. Persons, which is generally defined as a U.S. citizen, permanent resident (green card holder), or individual granted political asylum.
Working At Plexus
Empowering People, Innovating Solutions, Achieving Excellence
Plexus is a global company that values your growth and development and knows that our success is the direct result of our empowered, hard-working and dedicated people. At Plexus you can push the boundaries of innovation and discover your highest potential. Whether you're an experienced professional or skilled manufacturer looking to expand and enhance your career, a recent graduate ready to make an impact or a student eager to gain hands on internship experience, you can make a difference with us.
At Plexus we provide opportunities for growth and development at every level and encourage all employees to be leaders. The foundation of our culture is built around Our Values and How We Lead behaviors exemplified by our Plexus People: Customer Focus, Relationships & Teamwork, Integrity, Open Communication, Excellence, Prioritize Our People, Solve Problems, Be Courageous, Be Strategic, and Innovate.
Our global operations allow us to attract people with broad and diverse backgrounds from all over the world. Discover why more than 12,500 dedicated individuals choose Plexus as the workplace of choice to grow their careers. Apply today!