Hardware Systems Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION: HARDWARE SYSTEMS ENGINEER
COMPANY: A product development company specializes in integrating new and emerging technologies
LOCATION: SAN FRANCISCO, CA
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full Time/Permanent & Direct hire job
* Prototype and evaluate new hardware technologies (sensors, i/o devices and power systems) to be integrated into current and future designs.
* Plan, execute, and document validation testing.
* Draft schematics, layouts and tests to validate component systems.
* Set up and operate test equipment to characterize design functionality, performance, power integrity and signal integrity.
* Signal analysis of both digital and analog systems.
* Assist in system architecture definitions and maintain accurate and thorough documentation.
* Troubleshoot and debug component and system level issues.
* Find and qualify equivalent components.
* Automate testing.
* Thermal simulation and analysis (board and product).
* Modify electrical systems (fine-pitched parts, lead-less parts, BGAs, and components down to 0201) and clearly document procedure to replicate rework changes.
* BS degree in Electrical Engineering
* 4-6 years hands on experience in design, system integration and testing
* Strong EE fundamentals, including ability to design and verify circuits in the analog domain
* Experience working with Qualcomm Snapdragon base band systems
* Good knowledge of signal integrity and analog interface characterization
* Have solid technical in analog and digital circuit analysis
* Excellent understanding of signal integrity and high speed board design including (MIPI, PCIe, USB etc.)
* Well versed in lab tools (Oscilloscopes, DMM, Data logger, Spectrum Analyzer, LCR Meter, Soldering, etc.)
* Familiar with OrCAD / Altium Cad schematic capture and PCB layout tools
* Thorough understanding of high speed layout principles, stack up design, SI and PI.
* Proficient with LabVIEW and automation scripts
* Understanding and experience in debug and bring up with excellent trouble shooting skills
* Self-motivated, thorough and detail-oriented
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to communicate and drive suppliers
* Excellent cross-functional teamwork experience with good communication skills
* Experience in some or all of the following FCC, CE, UL, MIL Spec or SAR