Hardware Systems Engineer for EV leader 8/31/2016
Manufacturing / Electronics Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Are you an engineer who loves to "make stuff do stuff" Ready to design/architect new control products for an established, successful leader in the EV industry This is a high impact/high visibility role in a firm with a large market share. Architect new systems from marketing concept, then command the design decisions and trade-offs to ensure that electronics, embedded software and mechanical "pieces" work together to make the most useful and compelling product available in our marketplace!
Working from marketing spec you'll create core engineering concepts and systems architecture for complex new hardware control systems, including electronics hardware, real time embedded software and some mechanical packaging. As each system is controlled and configured differently you'll have a constant stream of new challenges, decisions and 'trade offs'. With your new architecture 'block diagram' in one hand and your engineering expertise in the other, provide guidance and advice to our experienced design teams in electronics, embedded software and mechanical engineering to make sure the new product includes the best possible decisions and trade offs in electronics circuits, embedded software algorithms and modules and mechanical packaging.
HERE\'S WHAT YOU\'LL NEED TO BRING TO THE TABLE TO GET THE JOB:
1. You're an "engineer's engineer" with solid experience in systems design/architecture of medium volume products including:
* Control systems hardware, some high current power conversion components
* Real time embedded firmware that makes stuff move around
* Mechanical packaging to protect the outside of the product from the elements
2. You can interface with marketing folks, 'translate' their ideas into engineering-speak, architect amazing products, 'sell' your architecture to management, and command meetings full of engineering teams, answering 'hands on' questions on circuits, firmware, and mechanical shielding/protection.
MEET THIS COMPANY:
This established, successful 'green' company near Fremont, California has had their 'best year ever' and has created this new role due to increased demand for new designs. Providing a unique product line in a growing market, they hold up to 89% market share (and counting!) for one product line alone.
A senior engineer whom I placed at this firm described it as "an engineer's dream", and indeed, many have found a long term career here. You'll join a stable, highly motivated team reporting to a savvy, patient, and down-to earth "hands on" technical manager who will help grow your career.
IN ADDITION TO A VERY GENEROUS COMPENSATION & BENEFITS PLAN, EMPLOYEES ENJOY THE FRIENDLY CULTURE, 'WORK LIFE BALANCE' AND BART-ABLE LOCATION OF THIS FIRM. US-BASED RELOCATION (FOR US BASED CANDIDATES ONLY) AND VISA ASSISTANCE CAN BE PROVIDED AS WELL.