Hardware-in-the-Loop Systems Analyst 9/13/2016
Aegis Technologies Group, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY More information about this job:
What do you get when you bring together the brightest minds and place them into an exciting, fast-paced environment that fosters intellectual growth and rewards based on impact, not tenure*
You get one of the best privately held small business headquartered in Huntsville, Alabama, that provides advanced technology and expert consulting services to industries throughout the world. AEgis specializes in modeling & simulation (M&S) and micro/nanoscale technology development. Our core competencies include simulation software and training simulators; geospatial databases; 3D models; war fighter exercise support; systems engineering and analysis; verification, validation, and accreditation (VV&A); test and evaluation support; Hardware-in-the-Loop (HWIL) and Man-in-the-Loop (MIL) simulation. AEgis' Nanogenesis Division excels in advancing cutting edge micro and nanoscale technologies from concept to deployment with applications ranging from defense to energy to biotechnology.
Seeking a candidate to plan and perform Hardware in the Loop Test Development, Conduct and Test Reporting using the Systems Integration Laboratory (SIL) Hardware-in-the-Loop facility (HWIL) to verify the integrated avionics system for the Space Launch System (SLS) at NASA s Marshall Space Flight Center.
Personnel selected for this position will be responsible to provide services and support for the Flight Systems Integration & Test Branch (ES61), which is responsible for maintenance, fabrication, integration, operation, assembly, and testing of project hardware and software. They will provide test support to the Flight Systems Integration & Test Branch for programs and projects. This support will be conducted within an existing operational Government owned and managed facility housed at MSFC. All task support shall comply with the Flight Systems Integration & Test Branch Organizational Work Instructions (OWIs) and safety procedures. Personnel will be required to be active participants in MSFC s safety program and International Standards Organization (ISO). Work processes are governed by Flight Systems Integration & Test Branch OWIs. Working 2nd shift and Saturdays as well as extended shift operations may be required. Personnel will be required to stay up-to-date on all required training, abide by branch Job Hazard Analyses (JHAs) and attend branch safety meetings.
Senior level position that requires broad technical capability to perform Test Development, Test Conduct and Test Reporting of real-time HWIL systems, as well as good project management skills to define and plan the activities. Tracking and reporting progress and timely completion of milestones is essential. Problem solving and troubleshooting, including hands-on use of test equipment will be required. Develop and Execute Simulation based Tests. Provide engineering/scientist support to augment a team of Government engineers. Specific duties could include:
* Participate in defining verification/validation information such as Detailed Verification Objectives and success criteria.
* Develop test scripts via a scripting language such as Python and C.
* Write technical documents including test plans, procedures and reports to address verification requirements.
* Review program/project documents and provide relevant comments from a test perspective.
* Develop and use data reduction and manipulation tools.
* Develop and perform test procedures, including pre-test setups such as instrumentation, data acquisition, software loading/configuration and post-test activities such as data archiving and data analysis.
* Assist in producing integrated schedules, management reports and budget reports.
* Produce, archive, and distribute test data as appropriate to support verification closure.
* Evaluate test data to correlate with test findings and investigate potential anomalies.
* Participate in or conduct meetings in support of the above activities.
Equivalent of a Ph.D. with a minimum of 10 years of experience, or a Masters with at least 12 years of experience, or a BS with at least 15 years of experience. A Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field from an ABET accredited institution is required.
Demonstrated expertise in:
* Detailed understanding of command and data handling functionality.
* Using complex database systems such as Cradle. MS Access Database programming experience of at least 5 years required for some personnel.
* Assimilating test requirements in order to develop test methodology and test approach to address requirement verification, including definition of needed test resources.
* Understanding of MIL-STD-1553B, RS422 and Ethernet bus protocols and formats.
* Recent software coding experience.
* Willing to perform shift and weekend work.
* Proficient in de-commutating data per definitions such as an Instrumentation Program & Command List (IP&CL).
* Capable of clear written and verbal communications with team members and others outside the team as needed.
* Capable of developing test scripts in Python and C.
* Capable of developing and using data reduction and manipulation tools.
* Have an understanding of verification and validation activities as it relates to system level testing.
* Have a minimum of 15 years recent experience with testing/test methodology and performing verification and validation activities at a system level.
* Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* Ability to perform hands-on integration and troubleshooting support, including proficiency with basic lab hardware and software diagnostic tools.