Head Teller - Yorkshire Office
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Financial Institutions, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Essential Functions: The major duties of the job that constitute the fundamental tasks and or responsibilities of the position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
1. Responsible for the total branch cash and coordinates the shipping and ordering of the branch cash supply. Maintains controls to ensure cash levels are in accordance with established policies. Maintains sufficient supply of negotiable instruments for use in the teller area.
2. Responsible for safekeeping of branch combinations and excess branch keys under dual control.
3. Responsible for ensuring cash and negotiable instrument control measures including cash management, strike, shipping and cash ordering, vault currency, vault balancing, vault related controls and submits reports as assigned in a timely manner.
4. Responsible for accurately processing transactions for customers (e.g. deposits, loan payments, cashing checks, redeeming bonds, selling gift cards) in a courteous and professional manner. Provides prompt, efficient, and accurate service.
5. Perform operational duties as required including: fill change and/or currency orders, issue cashiers checks and money orders, process night drops bags and mail deposits, balance ATM and resolve ATM discrepancies, settle and balance Cash Advance machine.
6. Balances cash drawer on a daily basis.
7. Responsible for the adherence, communication and training of all assigned staff to all policies and procedures relating to the teller function, which include security, compliance and operations. Completes online compliance training as required within established timelines.
8. Responsible for immediately reporting both internal and external suspicious or fraudulent activity to Branch Management.
9. Participates in the bank incentive programs in the achievement of bank, branch and individual goals. Develops and maintains knowledge of bank products. Actively promotes referrals and retention of account relationships. Coaches tellers with their participation in the bank incentive programs.
10. Demonstrates the standards and principles of the Five Star Bank Experience in every interaction with internal and external customers and associates. Incorporates the high performance behaviors of teamwork, leading by example and service in every facet of work.
11. Participates in the interviewing process when the branch requires new or additional tellers.
12. Delegates work according to the business demands and internal work priorities to ensure adequate customer service.
13. Responds to procedural, operational, security and compliance questions and assists with complex transactions and sensitive customer relations.
14. Reviews work for errors and assists tellers who have difficulty in daily proof and balancing. Delivers coaching/consultation as required by Teller Manual for teller differences.
15. Responsible for timely completion of performance evaluations of assigned staff.
16. Effectively utilize necessary and available technology including all bank software as required by the position. Operates office equipment as necessary.
17. Knowledgeable on the functions of the Teller Cash Recycler (TCR) machine, including the processing of transactions, balancing, correcting errors and quarterly auditing.
18. May be required to successfully register with Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System Registry (NMLS) and obtain a unique identifier through the registry that is provided to consumers in accordance with all SAFE Act requirements. In addition, if required to register, must successfully renew registration with NMLS annually. Maintains and updates personal registry information as necessary to include name changes, employment changes, etc.
19. This job description is not exhaustive. The Head Teller may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Prior Experience:
Required: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Required: Years: 2 Type: Teller experience
Required: Years: 3+ Type: Cashiering, Operations, or Sales experience
Preferred: Years: 1 Type: Supervisory experience
Competencies: Competencies are the measurable or observable knowledge, skills, abilities and behaviors critical to performing the essential functions of the position.
1. Cooperation/Teamwork works well with others (internal, external customers and associates). Possesses team building skills to develop a team that is efficient and effective.
2. Reliable in fulfilling hours scheduled and consistently punctual
3. Organized with a high level of attention to detail
4. Proven problem solving skills and sound judgment
5. Able to manage multiple tasks, prioritize workload and delegate where needed
6. Writes and speaks clearly and concisely
7. Able to engage staff in reaching goals and coach in their professional development
8. Able to learn and utilize new technology effectively and efficiently
1. Able to regularly stand for prolonged periods of time
2. Able to frequently bend and reach
3. Extensive computer usage is required
4. Ability to perform repetitive motion throughout shift
5. Occasional travel within Branch footprint
6. Able to lift 50 lbs.
Note: At a later stage in the application process, applicants will be required to provide information about their criminal conviction history, if any, and to authorize the procurement of a consumer report that will contain, among other things, information about criminal conviction history. Except as required by applicable law, past criminal convictions will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment, and Five Star Bank will only consider such history in accordance with applicable law. Please be advised, however, that federal law prohibits Five Star Bank from employing any person who has been convicted of any criminal offense involving dishonesty or a breach of trust or money laundering, or has agreed to enter into a pretrial diversion or similar program in connection with a prosecution for such offense unless the FDIC has provided prior written consent.
EXTERNAL POSTING FOR
Five Star Bank and its subsidiaries is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Any person with a disability needing special accommodations to the application process please call Human