Head of Policies, Procedures & Regulatory - Compliance Department 8/12/2016
The Compliance Search Group
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION:
Our client is currently seeking an experienced professional to manage the company's ongoing efforts to implement a standardized, global approach to drafting and updating policies and procedures, and tracking and implementing new regulatory requirements, to more effectively provide guidance to staff and address regulatory change.
The individual will work closely with their Compliance colleagues, along with business management, Legal and other internal support and control functions. They will gain an understanding of both the company's business and operations, and the rules and regulations under which the firm operates.
The successful candidate will have a strong background in law, compliance and/or regulation, and significant experience in drafting policies and procedures. The candidate must have the ability to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities in a fast-paced and changing environment. The candidate must also demonstrate a keen understanding of the interplay between regulatory and business issues. Further, the successful candidate must demonstrate strong team-working skills and a collaborative approach, including the ability to work and communicate with a wide variety of senior managers throughout the company.
QUALIFICATIONS law degree a strong plus
* A significant number of years of regulatory or compliance experience within or supporting large financial services institutions
* Extensive experience in drafting policies and procedures
* Extensive experience in analyzing and interpreting regulatory requirements
* Strong knowledge of the securities laws or CRA laws in the US or Europe a plus
* Experience in a multinational organization a strong plus
* Experience in managing or leading projects or teams a strong plus
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES:
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
* Excellent written and oral communications skills
* An ability to exercise sound judgment and escalate issues appropriately
* An ability to interact with all levels of personnel in an international environment
* An organized and disciplined approach to project management, including the ability to manage multiple and competing priorities
* A collaborative, inclusive nature in solving problems and advancing priorities
* Native-level proficiency in the English language, both orally and in writing is required
* Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word