Head of Pricing, Long Term Care
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 1/13/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY
CNAs Long Term Care (LTC) business is seeking an Officer with commercial responsibility for the direction and management of our Long Term Care (LTC) Pricing function. This individual will lead efforts to develop and implement pricing strategies in support of achieving divisional objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Leads, directs and has full management accountability for staff of five in area of responsibility with an emphasis on talent management and succession planning in accordance with corporate strategic direction.
* Establishes and manages pricing initiatives that have significant impact on the success of LTC product line.
* Monitors profitability of product line to ensure present and future pricing strategies achieve profitability objectives. Collaborates with Actuarial, Analytics, Reserving, Operations, Finance and other internal departments to exchange data and analyses of financial indicators.
* Presents product line or block analyses to senior management and makes recommendations on pricing and pricing related issues.
* Oversees preparation and accuracy of reports used for rate filings and internal actuarial analysis.
* Meets with regulators to discuss rate increase filings, rate increase offers, and objections.
* Fosters innovation and empowers others to take calculated risks and continuously improve skill, efficiency and quality of work.
* Remains current on state/territory issues and regulations, industry activity and trends. May represent the company in industry trade groups.
* May act as expert witness and may represent the company with government agencies.
* May perform additional duties as assigned.
President, Long Term Care
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
* Leadership and management skills demonstrating integrity and professionalism.
* In depth knowledge of pricing theories and practices preferred.
* Project Management skills required, ability to tie project results to business goals.
* Ability to effectively collaborate with all levels of external and/or internal business partners within scope of responsibility, team and/or matrix environment.
* Ability to drive results by identifying, and resolving problems within scope of responsibility.
* Knowledge of the insurance industry, its products and services.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software.
* Long Term Care Insurance experience preferred.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
* Bachelors Degree in Finance, Business, Math, Actuarial Science or related field required.
* Typically a minimum of 10 years of related work experience, with five years of management experience.
Job: Finance and Accounting
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Chicago
Other Locations: United States-Illinois-Chicago
Organization: FIN Long Term Care
Job Posting: Aug 18, 2016
Unposting Date: Ongoing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.