Head of Strategic Sourcing - Healthcare
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Top Ten Healthcare Provider
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB TITLE: HEAD OF STRATEGIC SOURCING - HEALTHCARE
Our organization is engaged in a high level search for the Head of Strategic Sourcing for one of the nation's top Healthcare providers. The Head of Strategic Sourcing oversee Procurement and Vendor Selection for several hundred clinics and hospital facilities. By utilizing a Value analysis process, the Head of Strategic Sourcing will prepare all analysis and pertinent information for the Group Leader of each Value Analysis Team. Using cost saving initiatives as well as Cost, Quality, Outcome analysis, this role will add significant value to clarity of specifications of need, integrity of the supplier selection process, open evaluations of purchasing alternatives viewed through the CQO evaluation methodology, contract documentation, ease of supplier implementations, as well as supplier performance measurement and reporting.
* Relationship Management - Effectively communicate with all stakeholders; Build relationships with clinical and nonclinical customers throughout the healthcare facility's management structure in order to ensure sourcing involvement in appropriate aspects of needs in all departments
* Needs Analysis / Initiate Sourcing Projects - Initiate new projects based on spend profile, potential for savings, upcoming contract expirations, supplier impacts, and equipment projects. Assist internal clients to specify needs and define supplier performance expectations. Analyze and validate policies and practices driving demand.
* Market Evaluations - Gather and interpret market and competitive intelligence through formal and informal processes
* Supplier Selection- Establish business cases supporting sourcing recommendations based on input from various sources. Evaluate supplier capabilities to meet needs through fair and thorough techniques.
* Project Management - Possesses the ability to lead projects using the full complement of resources available within the hospital. Must be able to interact with all areas of the project team and direct them to project completion. Apply project management skills that achieve project timing, and service and savings objectives.
* Implementation and Supplier Relationship Management - Partner with internal clients to implement efficient ordering routines that include appropriate controls within healthcare operations. Assist departments to implement sourcing changes, especially if moving to a new supplier and for more significant spends and services.
* Contract Negotiation - Must be able to negotiate contracts, terms and conditions. Develop contracts supporting business requirements, including clearly defined service expectations/goods specifications, performance measurement practices and shortfall remedies.
* Define sourcing strategies that optimize value of client needs, market conditions, and healthcare industry statistics.
* Advocate competitive decision-making in the most efficient, least resource-intense process.
* Create policies to drive demand
* Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain or related field.
* Minimum of 10years of experience with strategic sourcing responsibilities for various commodities - both products and services within and outside healthcare organizations
* Demonstrated leadership of highly complex sourcing initiatives
* Experience working in cross-functional environments
* Ability to understand healthcare operations including FDA premarket approval and 510K clearance process, healthcarestatistics, population health, the intersection of cost, quality and outcomes and the importance in the operational framework of healthcare.
* Master's Business Administration or Master's in Science or Healthcare related field.
* Certified Materials Resource Professional (CMRP) or equivalent.