Head of Virus & Gene Therapy Bioprocessing
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMilliporeSigma is the Life Science division of Merck KGaA of Germany and offers a broad range of innovative, performance products, services and business relationships that enable our customers' success in research, development and production of biotech and pharmaceutical drug therapies. Through dedicated collaboration on new scientific and engineering insights, and as one of the top three R&D investors in the Life Science Tools industry, MilliporeSigma serves as a strategic partner to customers and helps advance the promise of life science.
This management position will lead a team of scientists with the goal of developing of novel technologies, applications and processes for virus and gene therapy manufacturing. The successful candidate will play an important role as an integral part of a dynamic team in MilliporeSigma s Gene Editing and Novel Modalities business. The manager will be responsible for the development of a portfolio of products and applications in support of a viral vector manufacturing template as well as managing the R&D budget for the team and reporting progress to senior management. He/she must develop good matrix relationships with product franchises and their R&D organizations to support the virus & gene therapy product strategy, interact with the sales and marketing organization to understand and support the go to market strategy for virus & gene therapy products.
Qualifications for the position:
* Ph.D. in Cell Biology or related Engineering field with 10+ years relevant industrial experience.
* Experience in process development or manufacturing environments is preferred.
Deep technical knowledge of virus & gene therapy bioprocessing and the associated products. * Ability to manage a complex team with remote employees
* Strong project management skills and ability to develop new manufacturing templates and applications for MilliporeSigma products
* Strong interpersonal skills to manage across a matrix organization and to keep multiple stakeholders informed and engaged.
* Customer facing with a good network of virus & gene therapy contacts and ability to drive relationships at the executive level of virus & gene therapy companies
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to identify appropriate extended team members and secure commitment to project objectives.
* Experience working in a matrix resourcing environment and strong interpersonal skills.
* Ability to appropriately communicate with external partners.
MilliporeSigma is the North American life science brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany a leading science and technology company. It offers a broad range of innovative products and services to biotech and pharmaceutical drug therapies businesses. Through dedicated collaboration with the scientific and engineering communities, and as one of the top three R&D investors in the life science tools industry, the brand serves as a strategic partner to customers and helps advance the promise of life science.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.