Health & Benefits - Local Practice Leader, Northern California (San Francisco)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 11/22/2016
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Through its more than 66,000 colleagues worldwide, Aon unites to empower results for clients in over 120 countries via innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. Aon has been named repeatedly as the world s best broker, best insurance intermediary, best reinsurance intermediary, best captives manager, and best employee benefits consulting firm by multiple industry sources. Visit aon.com for more information on Aon and aon.com/manchesterunited to learn about Aon s global partnership with Manchester United.
The Health and Benefits Local Practice Leader for Northern California has senior level consulting and operational level of responsibility with accountability for managing a major business unit and a significant volume of clients and revenue in both the large and middle market. The Local Practice Leader role is a critical part of Aon Regional Health and Benefit Practice, Aon Risk Services (Aon s largest retail brokerage operation globally) with an exceptionally strong Aon Hewitt local market presence.
The successful candidate will be growth oriented and have the ability to consult in the large market and navigate an evolving global business environment with both Aon Risk Services and Aon Hewitt.
* Possesses expertise that is widely recognized by colleagues regionally, as well as nationally and clients that (will in most instances) span multiple lines of service.
* Encourages and cultivates enhanced business opportunities with existing and potential clients through representation of Aon s total portfolio of consulting products and services and especially within the Health and Benefits area.
* Has responsibility for the establishment of strategic plans for clients that are consistent with Aon business plan/strategy, will develop and cultivate strategic business relationships with senior level executives within the client organization, and manage stewardship meetings.
* Establishes and communicates the practice s direction, vision, and values to others; Seeks out, identifies and acts upon opportunities to expand the existing client base without regard to revenue type.
* Understands stakeholder s opinions and perspectives.
* Conveys highly complex, technical or sensitive topics in a clear, concise and persuasive fashion.
* Ensures delivery of services that exceed expectations of internal and external clients.
* Is viewed by client as a strategic business partner.
* Draws upon key contacts within business networks to gather information, make decisions, influence outcomes, and secure commitment.
* Understands the underlying politics of the organization including alliances and rivalries, both within Aon and within clients organization.
* Remains easily accessible to others.
RESULTS/ OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE
* Growth and maintenance of Aon Hewitt Health & Benefits business through specific account management responsibilities as primary consultant, office leader or executive sponsor.
* Proactively plan and participate in cross-selling and interdependent business development opportunities.
* Proactively pursues additional business opportunities both within existing client base as well as with new clients.
* Expected to lead office to 5-10% annual growth in total book of Health & Benefits business. Understands and monitors financial results.
* Create and maintain culture of growth and client value for colleagues. Understands and uses financial and business risk information to create competitive advantage.
* Applies specialized knowledge, tools, and methodologies to consulting engagement and provides advice on strategic account management techniques.
* Creates competitive strategies and business plans that capitalize on economic, market and business trends.
* Sustains a culture of innovation and thought-leadership.
* Is recognized nationally as a thought leader.
* Introduces new solutions to market. Promotes appropriate use of best practices throughout region.
* Lead and grow a talented team of senior and junior consultants through recruiting, mentoring and coaching.
* Develop high potential colleagues for future opportunities. Build camaraderie and a teamwork.
* Use influence to achieve success for the practice, firm and clients in a highly matrixed environment.
* Leverage capabilities and contacts in other business units such as Aon Risk Solutions, outsourcing and Retirement.
* Build client teams to meet client needs, grow business and increase efficiency.
* Create people management structure to develop talent. Identify, establish, and communicate key measures of quality and customer service.
* Build relationships with other leaders across Aon, key local clients, key potential new hire candidates & vendors.
* Presents himself/herself impressively with individuals or with groups and develops a strong presence among teams of individuals.
* Acts as a role model by demonstrating the highest level of integrity and honesty in all interactions.
* Exhibits honesty and candor in client situations.
15+ yrs. Health and Benefit consulting and/or leadership experience
Bachelor s degree & M.B.A. (plus) Appropriate Insurance License/Life and Health
All positions at Aon require an applicant who has accepted an offer to undergo a background check. The checks run are based on the nature of the position. Background checks may include some or all of the following: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that you will be required to undergo a background check should you be made an offer. You also understand that the offer is contingent upon successful completion of the background check and results consistent with Aon's employment policies. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon's professionals are unwavering in their client focus and integrity. We promote diversity, professional development, frugality and stewardship, applying a disciplined non-bureaucratic approach to help our clients realize their business potential. Drawing on our experienced team as a competitive advantage, Aon employees have the freedom to take risks, foster innovation, and champion for change and replicate best practices.
For more information about Aon Corporation, visit our website at http://www.aon.com
Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled). (2)
JOB NUMBER: 2405991
CATEGORY: Consulting Group
LOCATION: United States, CA, San Francisco