Health & Benefits, Vice President- Actuary (Any Aon Midwestern Office)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 11/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
Aon Is Looking For A Health & Benefits, Vice President- Actuary
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Health & Benefits business group within Aon Hewitt. This role can be based out of any of our Midwestern offices, including Chicago or Lincolnshire, IL; Bloomington, MN; Milwaukee, WI; St Louis or Kansas City, MO; Columbus or Cleveland, OH; Southfield, MI. Other locations or virtual candidates may be considered on a case by case basis.
YOUR IMPACT AS A HEALTH & BENEFITS, VICE PRESIDENT- ACTUARY
* Leveraged role focused on delivery high quality consulting and actuarial work to clients, leading to maintenance and growth of the client portfolio
* Perform advanced financial and actuarial consulting; experience with broader client leadership a plus
* Lead and/or support actuarial team and provide technical coaching to other team members and actuarial students
* Serve as lead or supporting financial expert in client meetings
* Actively engage in peer review: have documents reviewed before going to client and review others to ensure high quality
* Leverage expertise locally to other actuaries, actuarial students, and other H&B consultants
* Maintain knowledge of industry, market, and competition; anticipate external market trends, internal H&B needs and/or client needs
* As appropriate, take leadership or supporting role in national Health & Benefit development initiatives (e.g., practice team focused on efficiency, quality, new product development, people strategies, etc.) and broader firm-wide initiatives (e.g., management effective assessment, cross LOB integration activities, etc.)
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
* FSA/ASA (Fellow of the Society of Actuaries or Associate of the Society of Actuaries) designation required
* Extensive health and welfare consulting experience: 8+ years of industry experience (carrier or health care consulting)
* Project/client/financial management experience
* Broad business knowledge/perspective
* Business development experience, including competitor and market knowledge a plus
* Additional formal or informal responsibilities may include: People management or mentoring, Business development
* Bachelor s degree / Masters degree preferred
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. To learn more visit aon.com.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
JOB NUMBER: 2418092
CATEGORY: Consulting Group
LOCATION: United States, MN, Bloomington