Healthcare Data Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 1/6/2017
Myers & Stauffer LC
JOB DESCRIPTIONMyers and Stauffer LC is a certified public accounting and health care reimbursement consulting firm, specializing in audit, accounting, data management and consulting services to government-sponsored health care programs (primarily state Medicaid agencies, and the federal Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services). We have 40 years of experience assisting our government clients with complex health care reimbursement and provider compliance issues, operate 18 offices and have 800 associates nationwide.
At Myers and Stauffer you will have a career that is rewarding on every level of the organization. We are committed to providing our employees with:
* Professional growth and development opportunities
* Educational opportunities leading to certifications
* A diverse, dynamic, and challenging work environment
* Strong leadership, communication, and feedback
* A well-balanced lifestyle, that includes personal and family time in addition to professional and networking opportunities
* Creative and innovative solutions to challenges facing our government clients
The Healthcare Data Analyst will work with a multi-disciplinary team of other analysts and clinical staff in performing analysis of health-related information, interpreting health care quality metrics, and performing quality incentive calculations, based on Medicaid policies and other applicable law.
* Conduct research in order to determine compliance with relevant Medicaid or other government health program regulations
* Assist with performing various analyses relating to Medicaid engagements, including the analysis of medical claims data in an effort to identify fraud, waste or abuse of Medicaid or other health care system funds
* Prepare written documents supporting professional decisions and perform other types of related tasks involving health care provider quality incentive programs
* Review applicable federal and state Medicaid policies and regulations relating to health care reimbursement and quality incentive programs
* Demonstrate excellence in communication skills, data gathering including medical claims, analysis, reporting, and process improvement
* Maintain security and confidentiality of all protected health information when analyzing material
* Maintain thorough electronic documentation
* Additional responsibilities as assigned
* Bachelor s degree in accounting, finance, health policy or related field required
* CPA, CFE, AHFI, RHIT or RHIA preferred
* Internship to three years of experience in data analysis or analytics preferred
* Experience with health care auditing and data analysis preferred
* Investigative and/or interview skills a plus
* Ability to review statutory/regulatory or other policy language and apply requirements
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Well organized with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
* Effectively multi-task with planning and efficiency
* Must be able to manage multiple deadlines and prioritize assignments
* Proficient use of applicable software programs and data querying tools, including Microsoft Office suite (i.e. Excel, Access, Word, etc.)
* Familiarity with database (SQL) and report writing desired
* Must be able to travel based on client and business needs
Equal Opportunity Employer committed to employment of Females, Minorities, Persons with Disabilities and Veterans. An E-Verify Employer. Drug-free workplace.
CBIZ is an equal opportunity employer and reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant s race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition or any other reason prohibited by law. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, Please visit following URL for more information: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf