Health Information Manager 8/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We are looking for HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGER for our client in HOUSTON, TX
JOB TITLE: HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGER
JOB LOCATION: HOUSTON, TX
JOB TYPE: FULL TIME
* The Operations Manager is responsible for managing staff and functions in a variety of operational areas within the Health Information Management Department.
* These areas include record processing (medical record prepping, scanning, and indexing), retention and outside storage; analysis of medical records for physician completion; physician notification and suspension; release of health information; and birth registration.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Responsible for coordinating, directing, and evaluating daily activities within two or more assigned sections of the HIM Department as described below in sections B
* Selects, trains, schedules, motivates, supervises, and evaluates employees in assigned work sections; follows prescribed hospital processes for employee coaching, discipline and due process.
* Develops and reports performance metrics for assigned work sections.
* Ensures section goals are met by employees.
* Performs/leads performance improvement activities that support operational efficiencies, data integrity and service quality.
* Represents the HIM Department in various Hospital committees, taskforces or workgroups for activities related to assigned work sections.
* Assists with development of HIM budget, policies and procedures, training materials, and presentations.
* Release of Information and Customer Service
Ensures health care information released by the department is timely and in accordance with Federal and State regulations, and hospital and department policies and procedures, including:
* Response to RACs, MACs, and any other entity responsible for health care payment or oversight; (EF)
* Response to court reporting agencies, subpoenas and court orders; and (EF)
* Liaison with the Hospital's Office of General Counsel, System and Hospital Business Practices, and Risk. (EF)
* Maintains and updates the HIM release of information manual and related forms, policies and procedures. (EF)
* Serves as a resource for other Hospital departments for issues related to release of patient identifiable information.
Medical Record Processing and Retention
* Ensures timely and accurate prepping, scanning and indexing of medical records into the Hospital's medical record imaging system
* Ensures medical records are retained in accordance with the record retention schedule. (EF)
* Monitors receipt and accuracy of monthly off-site storage billing. (EF)
* Serves as HIM resource for paper based scanning issues and other Hospital departments.
Record Analysis and Physician Record Completion
* Ensures timely analysis of medical records for physician completion in accordance with The Joint Commission, Medicare Conditions of Participation and Rules and Regulations of the Medical Staff. (EF)
* Assists in interpreting and monitoring The Joint Commission standards and Medicare Conditions of Participation related to information management and medical record documentation.
* Assists in developing, administering, and monitoring compliance with medical record documentation policies and procedures in accordance with the above rules and regulations.
* Manages activities related to physician notification of incomplete records; monitors timeliness of physician completion, oversees the physician suspension and reinstatement process. (EF)
* Develops and presents reports related to physician compliance with medical record documentation and completion to targeted audiences. (EF)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
* Bachelor's degree in health information management, health care informatics, computer science, statistics, or a related field.
* Minimum of 5years management experience, of which 3years were direct experience spent in health information management within an acute care hospital environment, preferably a teaching facility.
* Operational experience in key health information management functions, including record processing and retention, analysis of medical records for physician completion, physician notification and suspension, release of health information, and birth registration.
* Operational experience with medical record imaging and electronic health records, preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
* Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) certification.
* Benefits - Full
* Relocation Assistance Available - Yes
* Commission Compensation - No
* Bonus Eligible - Yes
* Overtime Eligible - No
* Interview Travel Reimbursed - No
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS
* Do you have 5years of Management experience, of which 3 are direct experience in HIM
* Is your HIM Management experience with an acute care Hospital
* Do you have a bachelor's in health information management, health care informatics or CIS
* Do you have work experience with EPIC
* Do you have an active RHIA certification