Health Policy Analyst (3385) 8/16/2016
Logistics Management Institute
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
Position is on the staff of a private, nonprofit government consulting firm located in McLean, VA. Work is sponsored by Federal Government departments and agencies, including the Department of Health and Human Services. The Affordable Care Act mandates new responsibilities on federal agencies and those agencies in turn require operational, analytical support to carry out their new duties. This position will help provide that support.
PRINICPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful applicant will become part of an analytical team that supports the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). Support could include data analysis, supporting a Tier II policy help desk, policy research, analytical writing, and process improvement. Position may require assisting with writing updates to client documents such as public instructions and standard operating procedures, researching guidance and regulations, drafting answers to policy help desk questions, documenting decisions, analyzing data using spreadsheets or other analytical tools, presenting complex data in easy to understand presentations, and working in a team. The successful applicant should have an understanding of changes in healthcare policy at the federal and state levels, which will aid LMI in implementing new programs from the Affordable Care Act (such as healthcare exchanges and accountable care organizations). The successful applicant should be comfortable working with information systems, validation and verification of data by comparing and analyzing data from various sources, and reporting findings in a meaningful way. This position will NOT be involved in drafting or influencing policy decisions made by the government.
* Master s degree in health policy, health systems management, public policy, public administration, business management (with an analytical focus) or related discipline.
* Strong analytical skills.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including as Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
* Superior communication skills, both written and oral. Ability to multi-task.
* Ability to advocate for technical platforms to augment analytical processes and deliverables, including input into IT business requirements.
* Ability to absorb large amounts of new technical and policy knowledge without a lot of guidance.
* DESIRED SKILLS AND BACKGROUND
* Concentration in health policy or healthcare management.
* Expert knowledge of Excel, Access, and/or SAS.
* Understanding of federal healthcare programs.
* 1-3 years of experience in data analysis and reporting.
* Co-op or internship positions will be considered.
* LMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
McLean, Virginia, United States
LMI is committed to the fair treatment of all and to our policy of providing applicants and employees with equal employment opportunities. LMI recruits, hires, trains, and promotes people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other factors protected by applicable law. We welcome applications for employment from qualified disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other covered veterans.