Health / Safety&Environmental Manager
We are currently recruiting MANAGER HEALTH/SAFETY/ENVIRONMENTAL
for a World Class firms located in CLAYTON,NEW JERSEY
* Lead the implementation of activities and best practices that focus on creating a safe working environment for all employees, contractors and visitors to the plant instilling the underlying belief that all incidents are preventable. Serve as a coach and facilitator for risk assessments, corrective actions, behavioral based observations, incident investigations, and cause mapping.
* Actively drive the plant's efforts in continually improving safety performance by chairing the plant wide Safety Committee, leading monthly plant safety meetings, and conducting daily safety walks. Engage and work with plant supervision in preparing and conducting monthly safety meetings.
* Obtain and maintain up-to-date knowledge in aspects of Safety and Environmental regulations and compliance reporting. Prepare and provide regular progress reports to the plant leadership team and to the Corporate office.
* Develop, implement and administer OSHA, State and Federal agency, and compliance programs including the selection and distribution of training materials designed to prevent injury and illness along with protection of the environment.
* Proactively lead in identification and resolution of environmental issues that may arise while fully engaging the Plant Manager, other plant personnel, and the Corporate team throughout the process.
* Communicate with and maintain professional relationships with environmental agency personnel regarding construction and operating permit issues, negotiating potential compliance issues and enforcement actions. Serve as the company representative during any agency inspections of the facility, coordinating these events with the Plant Manager and the Director, HSE.
* Review, maintain and ensure accuracy and timeliness of all environmental permits, files, and documents. Understand all permit obligations and ensure that systems are in place to meet all permit and regulatory requirements.
* Actively participate with the Corporate HSE team on special projects, training, and auditing.
* Lead plant projects by requesting quotes and seeking purchase approval as they relate to any required safety processes, equipment and training activities.
* Provide HSE assistance to project managers in the preparation of capital requests (ACRs) and complete reviews to ensure that projects are in compliance with all regulatory and requirements.
* Assist the Plant Manager in maintaining a positive relationship with the local community.
* Bachelor's Degree and minimum of five (5) years related HSE experience in a manufacturing environment.
* Possess general knowledge and proficiency in general business and the ability to use computer applications, such as spreadsheets, word processing documents, databases and email programs.
* Possess excellent interpersonal, organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
* Possess the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
* Creativity and innovation for implementation of new HSE programs and employee involvement.
* Capability of managing multiple projects and deadlines.
* Ability to work varied hours, be on call, and travel occasionally.