Health Unit Coordinator - O.U. Medical - Oklahoma City, OK
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Oklahoma City, OK
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 00322-24311
Nights (rotating weekends)
Under general supervision, the HUC performs routine clerical and receptionist duties within a patient care unit.
* Organizes, prepares and maintains patient medical records and files. Ensures that documents are properly labeled, posted and contain current information for billing purposes and medical record maintenance.
* Transcribes orders of physicians and nurses; keep nurses informed of any changes in orders relating to patient care; schedule tests, treatments and services required of ancillary departments. Provides receptionist type coverage for the area: handle routine patient calls, intercom pages, personal callers, route incoming mail and answer routine inquiries.
* Assists with admissions, transfers and discharges by coordinating, notifying and following-up with the appropriate personnel.
* Maintains or arranges for repair of equipment. Works with medical records in obtaining medical charts for patients.
* Assists with inventory needs, ordering, stocking, and distribution of supplies.
* One (1) year clerical experience that involved some customer service responsibilities OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Must achieve a score of 20 words per minute on the typing test.
*KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Must be able to work well with others and maintain a professional attitude when dealing with customers.
* Must be well organized, good in tracking details and skilled at problem solving.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and orally.
* Some computer skills.
Last Edited: 08/26/2016