Field Education Coordinator - School of Nursing
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Walden University offers advanced degrees online to professionals whose work impacts others. Degree programs include health sciences, counseling, human services, management, psychology, education, public health, nursing, public administration, technology, and engineering. Our challenging programs are designed to help students make a difference in the lives of clients, the health of communities, or the success of an organization.
This position is responsible for university outreach to help facilitate field experience for students, the coordination of its members, and to work with our verification process for transitions for students into their practicum sites. This position will report to the Field Education Coordinator-Supervisor for the SON Field Experience Office and work closely with field education coordinators, and interact with academic leadership, faculty/specialization coordinators, program directors, academic advising, Director of Field Placement Initiatives and Community Relations, Compliance Officer and faculty seminar liaisons.
This position is located in Minneapolis, MN.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Ability to answer screening requirement/s questions
* Outreach to Field Sites
* Sending notifications to State Practicum Placement Systems as ACEMAPP, Silk Road, etc.sites: generating messages with onboarding process
* Maintain communication with field sites to maintain institutional relationships
* Accountable for knowing specific site student requirements and communicating this to students
* Coordination of term starts and deadline dates for site specific screening requirements
* Creation of databases and retrieval of data
* Outreach to students for screening requirements
* Communication with key stakeholders: students, field sites, alumni, other members on the team
* Outreach to vetted alumni who currently work with Alumni Relations. Establish and maintain alumni data base identified to serve as preceptors. Work with Director of Field Experience Initiatives and Community Relation
* Assist to facilitate field experience for students as needed
* Manage, track, and coordinate efforts
* Data collection, field sites, practicum placements
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* Candidates with bachelor s degree preferred; Associate degree required
* Solid customer service and teamwork skills
* Excellent analytical, problem solving, written and verbal communication skills, detail-oriented, multitasking, and organizational skills
* Excellent time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines
* Demonstrated solid advanced level skills in operating in Microsoft Office Excel, Word, SharePoint, PowerPoint, Outlook, and the ability to learn Walden s administrative database
* Experience in online distance-learning environment a plus
* Experience working with graduate students in an educational environment a plus
* Ability to extract data from databases
Laureate Education, Inc. and its parents, subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers. EOE.