Health & Welfare Benefits Operations Manager (HWE)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
AON IS LOOKING FOR A HEALTH AND WELFARE BENEFITS OPERATIONS MANAGER
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Health & Welfare Enterprise business group within Aon Hewitt.
YOUR IMPACT AS A HEALTH AND WELFARE BENEFITS OPERATIONS MANAGER
The Benefits Operations Manager (BOM) is accountable for managing operational performance for assigned client(s). This includes meeting and exceeding contractual performance standards and defined operational measures. The BOM is responsible for making sure that the all ongoing work is delivered timely and with quality to plan sponsors and plan participants. This includes project planning, scheduling and managing, capacity and utilization management, delegating work to meet deliverables, and tracking the status of outstanding work, using either onshore or offshore resources. The BOM is accountable for identifying process improvements that will lead to year-over-year efficiencies in the aligned client group s operational workloads. The BOM is also a contact for client, Third-Party Administrators, as well as all internal Shared Services that impact ongoing operations.
* Collaborates with Benefits Implementation Manager (BIM) to ensure proper handoffs to operations team. Ensures processing documentation is accurate and complete.
* Tracks and improves capacity and utilization of resources.
* Reviews and signs off on escalated Benefits Analysts (BA) deliverables (e.g., data quality checks, client responses) to ensure ongoing adherence to standard operating procedures that ensures high quality and provides coaching and development of BAs to create a culture of continuous improvement.
* Reports system defects to Lead Systems Analyst (LSA) via defect submission process and collaborates with LSA to mitigate participant damage/risk.
* Adheres to standard operations management practices as outlined by the Client Delivery Group (CDG) Operations Manager.
* Monitors client operations dashboard measures to proactively identify impacts; identifies, plans, and manages process improvement projects to create year-over-year efficiencies in operations.
* Develops and delivers client-specific operational training.
* Provides client and third party administrator contact support for participant and/or processing-related issues.
* Provides complete and accurate client responses for participant and/or processing-related issues that are escalated to senior client contacts (i.e., Director or VP).
* Integrate operations resources with Customer Service resources to provide seamless participant resolution support with focus on participant experience.
YOU BRING KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE
* 1+ years of Health and Welfare experience.
* 1+ years of operations experience.
* 2+ years of experience coaching and leveraging work through others.
Must show strong, proven, independent capabilities and the ability to coach and lead other in the following competencies:
PROJECT PLANNING AND EXECUTION
* Client knowledge and responsiveness
* Attention to detail
* Teamwork (including global and virtual team members)
* Process improvement
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to clearly communicate and help articulate technical issues to clients; and
* Problem solving and decision making using analytical and technical skills.
Knowledge & Experience
* Knowledge of Total Benefit Administration (TBA) or comparable benefit delivery platform.
* Understanding of financials, budgeting, and cost benefit analysis.
* Domain (Health and Welfare) knowledge/experience.
* Six Sigma Lean knowledge and experience, preferred.
* Ability to assist junior staff work through barriers to achieve project goals and mitigate risk.
* Possesses sufficient knowledge of benefits outsourcing systems standard practices to drive optimal delivery model and solutions.
* Experience working with Microsoft office suite of products including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Microsoft Project.
* Strong interpersonal skills, especially specific to persuasion, influence, and negotiation.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills to facilitate effective conversations with internal and external clients.
* Ability to adapt well to changing priorities in a fast paced environment.
* Demonstrates excellent organizational skills.
* Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines.
* Frequent computer use at workstation up to two hours at a time or for extended periods of time.
* Mobility within the office including movement from floor to floor.
* Daily contact with clients-whether directly aligned to project work or for developing the client relationship.
* Access information using a computer and related components and peripherals.
* Participation in training sessions, presentations, and meetings.
* Potential travel of up to 10%.
* Work with global and offshore resources may require flexible work hours.
Formal Education & Certification
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent work experience required.
WE OFFER YOU
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. To learn more visit aon.com.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
United States: Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
JOB NUMBER: 2420938
CATEGORY: Operations and Tech Services Group
LOCATION: United States, FL, Orlando