Health & Wellness Promotion Intern
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 12/31/2016
Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation
Grand Rapids, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe have the great privilege of helping patients and families re-build their lives. It's extraordinarily meaningful work and the reason we greet the day with optimism and anticipation. When patients \\"Ask for Mary,\\" they experience a culture that has been sculpted for more than a century. Our hallmark is to carefully listen to patients and innovatively serve them. This is true of every employee, from support staff and leadership, to clinicians and care providers.
Mary Free Bed is a not-for-profit, nationally accredited rehabilitation hospital serving thousands of children and adults each year through inpatient, outpatient, sub-acute rehabilitation, orthotics and prosthetics and home and community programs. With the most comprehensive rehabilitation services in Michigan and an exclusive focus on rehabilitation, Mary Free Bed physicians, nurses and therapists help our patients achieve outstanding clinical outcomes. The growing Mary Free Bed Network provides patients throughout the state with access to our unique standard of care.
Restoring hope and freedom through rehabilitation
Provides support to the Wellness Coordinator & HR team as needed. The Health Promotion & Wellness Intern will work with Health & Wellness Team Members, Health & Wellness Committee, HR Administrators and other HR or Mary Free Bed staff as required. The Health Promotion & Wellness Program intern will be involved with daily tasks and project work which will give the intern gainful experience in the Health Promotion & Wellness and Human Resources field.
This is an unpaid Internship
Essential Intern functions:
The Health Promotion & Wellness Program internship will be tailored to match the intern's skills and help in developing new skills in the Health & Wellness field and Human Resources. A sampling of job assignments and projects are listed below. The intern may work in all of these areas or just a few.
* Coordinate and execute wellness initiatives with oversight
* Assist with Wellness Committee activities and meetings
* Maintain Wellness Blog, Wellness Email, Inside MFB and Bulletin Boards
* Data tracking; initiatives, classes, satisfaction surveys, health & interest surveys
* Special reporting, comparison and benchmarking projects.
* Research and prepare communications for employees on updated discounts & incentives
* Provide instruction or educational sessions or classes as appropriate
* Provide support of wellness activities and other employee activities, i.e. awards banquet, monthly luncheons, etc.
* Recordkeeping including filing and clerical duties.
* Event planning (United Way Campaign, Annual/Monthly anniversary recognition)
* Reorganize Files
Essential Intern Qualifications (Knowledge, Education, and Training Requirements):
* Completed course work in Health Promotion or closely related field with an emphasis in Health Promotion. Student should be a junior or senior level student at an accredited university or college.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
* Proven ability to create graphs, forms and databases and summarize results.
* Internet and web experience including social networking experience.
* Competent language, spelling, and grammar skills with the ability to proof business documents.
* The ability to demonstrate initiative and responsibility, perform multiple tasks, attend to detail, meet deadlines, adapt quickly to changes, and respond well to feedback.
* Good interpersonal and telephone skills.
* Physical Demands: Able to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (up to 1/3 of the time); able to lift, carry, push, pull, up to 10 pounds occasionally; able to sit for the majority of the time, but may involve brief periods of time involving walking or standing; able to use keyboard frequently (1/3 to 2/3 of the time)
Health and Wellness Program Manager or HR Administrator
10 -15 hours per week for a 10-12 week period. Actual hours and duration of internship will be determined at the time of position being awarded.
This is an unpaid intern position. The reward will be the valuable experience gained in the areas of Health Promotion and Wellness, and Human Resources.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential functions of this position, you must request accommodation in writing, within 182 days after you know or should know of the need for accommodation.