Health, Wellness and Occupational Risk Manager
Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is the nation s largest not-for-profit community-based health system. VNSNY provides a comprehensive array of home- and community-based programs, including health plans, tailored to the needs of high-risk, vulnerable New Yorkers, improving their quality of life. Each day, more than 18,000 VNSNY employees including nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, dieticians, other allied professionals, and paraprofessionals deliver compassionate care, unparalleled medical expertise, and 24/7 solutions and resources to more than 35,000 patients, helping them to live the best lives possible.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
The Visiting Nurse Service of New York s (VNSNY) corporate benefits department is looking to fill a new health and productivity position. This person will be part of a multi-disciplinary team (benefits, workers compensation and health services) responsible for managing the design, implementation and administration of health and productivity (population health management) programs that impact workforce productivity of over 16,000 employees. Key programs include wellness, medical plan-related care and disease management initiatives and occupational health loss-prevention initiatives.
* Manage the design, implementation and administration of VNSNY s:
* Health management programs including care and condition management, health coaching, decision support and wellness.
* Occupational loss prevention programs, focusing on key drivers including, but not limited to: safe patient handling, new hire testing, slips and fall prevention, and driver safety.
* Evaluate existing health management and occupational loss prevention programs and develop strategies to improve engagement and effectiveness. Evaluate and recommend new programs.
* Ensure wellness and health management programs are appropriately integrated with other health and productivity initiatives.
* Collaborate with Health Services in implementing employee wellness and health promotion activities.
* Ensure health and productivity programs are best-in-class, administered effectively, and operated consistently across VNSNY. Work with external consulting partners to monitor market and regulatory trends.
* Manage day-to-day interactions with all health and productivity vendors. Select and track key performance metrics for monitoring vendor performance.
Bachelor s degree or equivalent work experience in wellness, health care management or occupational loss-prevention.
Minimum 5 years experience with employer-sponsored wellness, population health management and/or occupational loss prevention programs with a large organization, consulting firm or vendor.
Strong relationship-building skills, capable of creating a strong team spirit , cooperation and commitment of internal and vendor partners. Ability to work with employees across VNSNY.
Demonstrated ability to develop strong working relationships with matrix partners in the organization; ability to leverage matrix resources to drive deliverables
Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
Proficient with Microsoft Office: Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Demonstrated planning/organizational skills; ability to plan for both the long and short term; ability to work on many issues at once and to prioritize work.
VNSNY is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you would like more information about your EEO rights, then please visit: