This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Works collaboratively to develop and recommend customized, group-specific strategies to improve the health and wellness of client group member, leveraging BCBSNC program and resources as well as industry best practices. Exercises a strong understanding of healthcare services and offerings (Disease Management, Case Management, Pharmacy, Prevention and Wellness), benefits consulting, competitive intelligence, and client side challenges to improve health and positively impact affordability.
* Manages large (1,000+) and national BCBSNC clients by developing and managing tailored client business plans to positively impact health & wellness, to include strategies to increase productivity and decrease absenteeism.
* Analyzes client financial and utilization data to determine success of clients current benefit approach and opportunities to lower healthcare cost and improve health.
* Works with Sales & Marketing staff to improve BCBSNC competitive positioning and increase new membership and improve retention.
* Negotiates client specific engagements and effectively cross sells opportunities with clients and consultants.
* In coordination with Sales & Marketing, conducts periodic meetings with client management or assigned staff to review program participation status and suggest solutions to meet client goals & objectives.
* Active participant in the implementation process of core healthcare services and offerings.
* Actively participates in the development and review of the assessment of client surveys to determine appropriate actions for maximizing results and improving group satisfaction.
* Promotes goodwill between BCBSNC and the community by maintaining contact with business leaders through participation in community affairs. Projects and maintains the corporate image within the community.
* An undergraduate degree in Business, Marketing, Management, or healthcare field
* 7 years experience in the healthcare industry to include program management and health data analysis.
* OR an advanced degree (MBA, MHA, MHP) with a minimum of 5 years of experience as listed above.
* Experience in corporate sales or consultative selling.
* Demonstrated experience in customer facing presentations and/or negotiations.
* Clinical experience and credential (e.g. RD, RN, R.Ph, PA, etc) is preferred.
* Must be able to multi-task under tight deadlines
* Analytical skills, including data analysis
* Ability to think strategically
* Excellent communication skills (including strong listening skills)
* Sales & presentation skills
* Negotiation skills
* Proven long term relationship building skills
* Customer focus
* Excellent oral and written skills
* Understanding and meeting customer expectations
* Care management, product, benefit, and healthcare industry knowledge.