Healthcare IT Recruiter - Business Partner 8/26/2016
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We are seeking an HR Practice Leader (IS Operations) to join our team! You will perform activities in human resources from recruiting new hires to retaining existing hires. This person will be a Seasoned HR leader, with minimum of 10 years of Human Resources leadership experience required in a diverse range of HR functions desired (workforce planning & development, talent management, compensation, administrative functions) or an equivalent combination of advanced training and experience in a rapidly changing environment
Responsibilities include developing, managing, implementing and integrating HR/OD recruitment strategies and programs for client group (approx. 600 EEs) in support of organizational objectives. This include full scope recruiting and assisting with compensation, training and management coaching regarding workforce recruitment and planning. Priorities include developing strong business relationships with the client group developing and driving the people (workforce planning) agenda for the business; analyzing and presenting information to the management team that will enable good business decisions regarding workforce planning; participating as a member of the HR team and client leadership team, driving and supporting cross-group client or HR initiatives.
* Track record of creative recruitment leadership, with extensive experience in building a recruiting brand, assessment tools, interview training etc.
* Experience recruiting in a hyper-growth environment. Must have solid experience in recruiting Epic candidates (Electronic Medical Record); Information Technology Recruitment experience required.
* Strong HR BUSINESS PARTNER EXPERIENCE, with demonstrated experience driving organizational change initiatives, developing workforce plans and influencing business managers.
* Ability to execute quickly across a wide range of initiatives. Ability to work in a highly matrixed environment i.e. CIO, CTO, CAO and CHRO.
* Organizational development skills to achieve retention and high employee satisfaction.
* Knowledge of state and federal laws.
* Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.