Healthcare Researcher- Data Analyst, Mid-Level (3439) 9/17/2016
Logistics Management Institute
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
Health Systems Analyst
Position is on the staff of a private, nonprofit government consulting firm located in McLean, VA. Work is sponsored by Federal Government departments and agencies, including the Department of Health and Human Services, and the Department of Defense. The Affordable Care Act mandates new responsibilities on federal agencies and those agencies in turn require operational, analytical support to carry out their new duties. This position will help provide that support.
PRINICPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful applicant will become part of an analytical team that supports public health systems management projects. The primary focus will be the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). Support will include both data analysis and process improvement. That support includes understanding various large, complex data sets and performing analyses to answer specific questions about health benefits, cost sharing, enrollment, cost, payment, and risk adjustment. In addition, duties will include working closely with information systems team members in specifying and designing automated tools to help answer repeat questions quickly and accurately. Tasks will also include helping CMS establish processes to manage and oversee health plans, health care exchanges, and accountable care organizations.
* Degree in economics, operations research, statistics, healthcare, health policy evaluation, business management (with a quantitative focus) or related discipline. One or more programming courses during college. Graduate degree desirable.
* 5-7 years of experience in a healthcare analysis capacity, with healthcare data is required.
* Strong quantitative skills using databases and spreadsheets, flow charts, and advanced analysis tools.
* Ability to query large data sets in either Access or SAS.
* Understanding of relational databases.
* Moderate SQL skills desirable.
* VBA experience desirable.
* Superior communication skills on technical subjects.
* Ability to absorb large amounts of new technical and policy knowledge without a lot of guidance.
LMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
McLean, Virginia, United States
LMI is committed to the fair treatment of all and to our policy of providing applicants and employees with equal employment opportunities. LMI recruits, hires, trains, and promotes people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other factors protected by applicable law. We welcome applications for employment from qualified disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other covered veterans.