This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
Balfour Beatty Construction Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Balfour Beatty Construction, an established West Coast construction general contractor, is seeking a Healthcare Superintendent in Scottsdale, Arizona.
* Participate in preconstruction planning when possible regarding the project schedule, logistics planning, and budget. Review project estimates and cost control system at the beginning of the project. * Assist the Project Manager in communicating with subcontractors regarding schedules, construction methods, company policies and procedures, permits, and quality and other performance standards.
* Review and update progress and cost reports, schedules, and requirements for completion on a regular basis as delegated by the Project Manager.
* Explore and advise project team on appropriate changes in methods, materials schedules, and procedures.
* Ensure all materials are properly tested according to specifications, and ensure all test results are properly recorded.
* Review project equipment needs with the Project Manager. Be certain equipment preventative maintenance program is implemented for all equipment assigned to the project.
* Manage public and community relations associated with all assigned projects.
* Thoroughly understand project specifications, the contract and its general conditions, and confirm all materials and subcontract work comply with contract documents and quality specifications.
* Keep accurate and complete Daily Reports and forward copies as required.
* Ensure project site and company assets are secure, and maintain a safe and respectful working environment at all times by implementing safety, EEO, risk management, training, and quality control programs.
* Upholds the legal and regulatory requirements of OSHA, city, state and federal governments
* Ensure pre-work meetings are held with each subcontractor to review site specific safety and quality control issues.
* Coordinate job site workforce and subcontractor workforce for timely project completion.
* Document and manage employee and subcontractor problems or nonperformance through suspension, termination, back charges, or other appropriate actions. If performance problems occur, coordinate with the Project Manager and Project Executive regarding the appropriate actions to take. * Review and approve all bills for materials and subcontractor requisitions. Confirm extra charges from subcontractors/suppliers are reasonable and work is correctly executed, and coordinate with Project Manager for approval on extra charges. Initiate and manage subcontractor back charges with the Project Accountant.
* Coordinate with Project Manager to conduct weekly project progress meetings with all subcontractor representatives and coordinate the upcoming week's work to be accomplished.
* Attend all monthly progress meetings with the owner/architect representatives.
* Make presentations as needed to keep owners/architects informed of progress and to assist Project Manager in obtaining new business.
* Ensure the project closeout process is finalized to settle all financial obligations, demobilize all resources, and transition the project to the customer.
* BS in Construction Management, Engineering, Business or a related field.
* At least 10 years of hospital/healthcare construction experience required.
* Solid presentation skills and verbal/written communication skills.
* Able to make decisions under tight deadlines..
* Able to organize people, tools, and equipment and plan/manage multiple activities to accomplish desired results.
* Demonstrated leadership skills with ability and willingness to face challenges, direct others, and effectively address conflict.
* Exhibit commitment to quality by evaluating project-related processes and making necessary changes, using customer input to make improvements, and meeting/exceeding internal and external customer expectations.
* Computer skills: proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company communication tools (e-mail, internet, etc.).
* Act in a manner of integrity that shows support for the company, its values, and the employees, while maintaining constant focus on meeting/exceeding customer requirements.
Balfour Beatty is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, gender, pregnancy or breastfeeding, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, disability, or other status protected by state or federal law. Apply Now