Healthcare Support Workers
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/4/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
Spectrum Healthcare Resources
Colorado Springs, CO
JOB DESCRIPTIONSpectrum Healthcare Resources has an opportunity for a civilian Medical Technician/Assistant at USAFA in Colorado Springs, CO.
This contract position offers:
- Full-time hours
- Paid Time Off
- Competitive Income
- Busy, Stable Patient Base
- Healthy/Deserving Patient Population
- Care for America s Military Families
The Medical Technician/Assistant will have the following requirements:
KNOWLEDGE: Must have knowledge in medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, psychology, pharmacology, medical ethics and legal concepts, medical assisting clinical procedures, patient care; emergency medical treatment to include cardiopulmonary resuscitation, aseptic technique, specimen collection, diagnostic testing, prepare and administer oral and parenteral (excluding IV) medications, vaccination procedures, allergen identification, mechanisms of anaphylaxis and shock and their treatment; prescription drugs and their administration; operating and maintaining therapeutic equipment, risk management, contingency operations, disaster preparedness, and chemical warfare; and transportation of sick and wounded: computer operations in the use of basic word processing, data entry and automated medical records.
- EDUCATION: Completion of high school with courses in general science, biology, psychology and chemistry.
- Completion of a medical assisting program recognized and accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health and Education Schools (ABHES) AND certified through the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) for Certified Medical Assistants (CMA); or the American Medical Technologists (AMT) for Registered Medical Assistants (RMA); or the equivalent combinations of successfully completed post-high school education and experience validated by successful completion of the Basic Medical Technician Corpsman Training (BMTC) at Fort Sam Houston (or earlier equivalent) and Community College of Air Force (CCAF), Allied Health Sciences Degree.
- EXPERIENCE: Must have at least 12 months experience performing hands-on patient care in the outpatient setting within the last 36 months. Must have experience performing care and treatment of patients; operating and maintaining therapeutic equipment; properly administering oral and parenteral medications; conducting paraprofessional portions of physical examinations and assisting in medical treatment of patients in accordance with established procedures, protocols and professional standards.
Spectrum Healthcare Resources (SHR) was established in 1988 to deliver systems and processes designed to meet the unique needs of Military and VA Health Systems. SHR is a leading organization that provides physician and clinical staffing and management services to United States Military Treatment Facilities, VA clinics and other Federal Agencies through various contracting vehicles. A Joint Commission Certified Health Care Staffing Services firm, SHR is the federal staffing division of TeamHealth, a Nationwide organization that serves approximately 730 civilian and military hospitals with a team of 7,100 affiliated health care professionals.
Spectrum Healthcare Resources complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability and genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, and status as a disabled veteran or other covered veteran. Additionally, we will make reasonable accommodations for an otherwise qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran employee or applicant for employment unless the accommodation would impose undue hardship on the operation of our business.