Heating, Refrigeration & Air Conditioning (HVAC) Technician (UNION)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
Chugach Alaska Corporation
King Salmon, AK
JOB DESCRIPTIONWho we are and what we do...
Make more than money. Make a difference.
Chugach Government Solutions (CGS) and subsidiaries
Our Mission is to set the standard for first-class business services in the global market. We offer an exciting work environment, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits.
CGS is a unique organization, capable of meeting the needs of the government through a long-range program of business planning, training, and sound business practices. CGS is the federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation (Chugach), one of the twelve original Native Regional Corporations formed under the Alaska Natives Claims Settlement Act of 1971. Chugach is privately owned by Alaska Natives, and stock is not publicly traded.
CGS is a seasoned government contractor providing a wide span of services to our federal customers with over 25 years of experience in the industry. We seek consistency in quality and actively innovate, finding new ways of doing business that adds value to our customers. CGS currently operates on Department of Defense installations sprinkled across the United States and at OCONUS locations spread across the globe. With 12 subsidiaries specializing in facility maintenance, IT/technical services, construction, and education services, CGS offers a unique depth of services equipped to support the most critical missions.
EEO/AA Employer, Shareholder Hire Preference.
Preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Chugach shareholders, spouses and descendants, and shareholders of other Alaska Native Corporations. Chugach makes every effort to identify, hire, train, and promote shareholders. Chugach is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. CGS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Summary/General Description of Job:
The incumbent is responsible for the repair, overhaul, and maintenance and servicing of commercial, industrial and residential heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems and refrigeration units.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
* Keeps Management apprised of unique situations and problems encountered. Makes recommendations and advises Management regarding continuous process, quality and efficiency improvements.
* Repairs, overhauls, maintains, and services industrial and residential heating, ventilating, hydronic, and air conditioning systems, and refrigeration units.
* Cleans, services, and repairs mechanical room equipment
* Troubleshoots and locates malfunctions, diagnoses problems, and determines appropriate repairs.
* Observes and interprets readings on gauges, meters, and charts which register various aspects of HVAC operations.
* Repairs or replaces compressors and components, electric motors, fans, belts, and pulleys. Services and repairs evaporators, condensers, and receivers.
* Repacks valves, lubricates moving parts, replaces filters and cleans coils as needed.
* Recovers, tracks, and manages refrigerants and all ozone-depleting chemicals (ODCs) in accordance with EPA Regulations.
* Adjusts, repairs, or replaces thermostats, pressure stats, relays, switches, and electrical wiring.
* Repairs components within a system to include transformers, motors, electrodes, solenoids, rheostats, and aqua stats.
* Maintains logs and equipment inventories in which various aspects of HVAC systems and their operations are recorded and reported
* Treats HVAC systems with chemicals and analyzes for such things as acidity, causticity, and alkalinity following prescribed methods
* Installs or repairs water, steam, or other types of piping associated with Heating and Hot/Cold domestic Water Systems.
* Cuts and bends tubing to correct length and shape using cutting and bending equipment and tools, cuts and threads pipe using machine-threading or hand-threading equipment.
* Bends and forms sheet metal for ductwork, grease pans, etc.
* Paints and insulates HVAC mechanical rooms and distribution equipment.
* Works from blueprints, drawings, models and/or verbal and written instructions
* Inspects work to ensure compliance with plans, specifications, policies, and regulations.
* Ensures proper housekeeping of jobsite, mechanical rooms, and shops. Ensures that equipment, storage, and maintenance areas are clean, safe, and serviceable conditions. Tasks include but are not limited to: general maintenance, snow removal, grounds maintenance, and road maintenance.
* Responds to call-outs after normal working hours, as needed.
* Performs other tasks as directed by Management (or Designated Representative).
* Assists other trades and craft personnel in their daily operations, as directed.
* The safe use of hand and power tools used in the course of routine or incidental work performed.
* Demonstrating knowledge of Airfield Safety to include but not limited to: Flightline driving, communications and radio protocols, FOD prevention, Environmental Protection and Pollution Prevention and aircraft movement.
* Demonstrating personal and enforcing Team Members Safety to include but not limited to: wearing of appropriate PPE, access to Confined Spaces, Daily Safety Awareness, Accident and Fire Prevention and control over hazardous Materials.
* Performing duties in a timely, accurate and cost-effective manner.
* Working closely, respectfully and harmoniously with other employees and customer.
* Working independently without continuous supervision.
* Assist other trades in the safe execution of work being performed to include but not limited to: performing recurring work, maintenance, repairs and installing new equipment and power distribution cables.
* Following and adhering to all CFSI and Air Force policies and procedures including safety and reporting requirements.
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Current Universal EPA Certification and CFC handling
* Must be able to lift up to 70 lbs
* Valid state drivers license with an acceptable driving record
* Obtain and maintain a Federal Government Security Clearance (NACI).
* Ability to successfully pass a pre-employment physical and drug test.
* Pass a Fire Brigade physical and remain an active member of the Fire Brigade.
* Obtain and maintain required task certifications as a Barrier Team member.