Heavy Equipment Field Mechanic
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Des Moines, IA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Overview:
Position consists of servicing and repairing MYR construction equipment and providing support to the area line construction crews throughout the region. This position is in the field and will require significant travel to projects located in IA, IL, WI, MN, SD, and ND. Any overnight stays/long-term project assistance away from home will come with per-diem and company paid accomodations. This will be a union position.
This position will be responsible for performing preventative maintenance on electrical construction and transportation equipment. In addition, this individual will be responsible for constructing, maintaining, and testing mechanical equipment.
The ability to multitask and identify parts or machines that need new components, or need to be replaced, will be necessary.
MYR equipment to include but not limited to:
* Bucket trucks
* Digger derricks
* Boom trucks
* Construction equipment
* Overhead pullers and tension machines
* Aerial lifts
* Large mobile cranes
* Class 1 to 8 vehicles
* Dozers and other construction equipment
**Successful candidates will have had previous experience and training on the above equipment.
Must understand and comply with the Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and other industry-specific professional and ethical conduct standards, if applicable.
* 7 years of experience on class 1 to class 8 chassis service and repairs.
* 7 years of experience on aerial equipment, insulated bucket trucks, digger derricks, and large mobile cranes (Aerial certification training preferred)
* 7 years of experience on dirt equipment, backhoes, dozers and electrical placing equipment, overhead pullers and tensioners
* 7 years of experience in hydraulic systems
* Valid class A CDL license is REQUIRED
* Able to work out of town and or away from home for long periods of time
* Good welding skills: stick, mig, tig, and gas
* Ability to use a wide range of personal hand tools
* Good communication and computer skills
* Able to balance large workloads and coordinate mandated inspections
Salary commensurate with union rates
Apply at: www.myrgroup.com. If you require an accommodation to complete the online application, please call our Employment Hotline at 1-855-635-1321.
MYR Group Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.