Heavy Equipment Mechanic (CRTC Seasonal) 8/17/2016
Delta Junction, AK
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
Diagnose, repair and/or overhaul major assemblies of wheeled and track vehicles, artillery weapons, and general support equipment. Replace worn or broken parts. Read, interpret and follow technical manuals. Properly document maintenance actions on applicable forms. Repair air brake systems or air operated components, hydraulic systems, A/C systems, electrical systems, and specialized or one of a kind test components. Other duties as assigned.
****This seasonal position is located in Delta Junction, Alaska****
Pay Rate: $30.13/hr
Shifts/Hours: Vary by mission requirement
* Must be a U.S. citizen.
* Possess a valid driver's license, without restrictions.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Must have training and experience usually acquired through a formal apprenticeship or equivalent.
* Three years experience as a heavy equipment mechanic dealing with troubleshooting and repair of heavy equipment, including diesel/gas engines, automotive electrical systems, and air/hydraulic systems or be a graduate of a recognized trade school with 1 year experience as a Heavy Equipment Mechanic.
* Must be able to obtain a secret security clearance prior to hire and maintain it through employment with TRAX.
* Must be able to lift 75 lbs unassisted, work in outdoor weather conditions including extreme arctic cold.
* Must be capable of kneeling, bending and standing while performing maintenance duties.
* Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and physical.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
* Five years of maintenance experience with military tactical and combat vehicles or heavy equipment and/or heavy tractor/trailers.
* Experience with air conditioning, ABS air brakes, dual voltage electrical systems, central tire inflation systems, and welding.
* Possess a Class "A" Commercial Driver's License (CDL).
Closing Date: Open until filled
OTHER JOB INFORMATION (IF APPLICABLE)
*TRAX International, Test Services Division, participates in E-Verify.
*TRAX Test Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
*TRAX Test Services promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing, as per applicable State Laws.TRAX Test Services also encompasses four subcontracts to include: Vets, Westech, Spiral and Miratek. All positions with TRAX can always be transferred to one of the four subcontracts.