Heavy Equipment Mechanic
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
Fort Hunter Liggett, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title
Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Ft. Hunter Liggett, CA - Fort Hunter Liggett, CA US (Primary)
High School Diploma
Logistics Support Services
VSE CORPORATION IS SEEKING A HEAVY EQUIPMENT MECHANIC WITH AT LEAST THREE (3) YEARS OF EXPERIENCE TO FILL A POSITION IN FORT HUNTER LIGGETT, CA.
The duties to be performed include:
* Analyzes malfunctions and repairs, rebuilds and maintains power equipment, such as cranes, power shovels, scrapers, paving machines, motor graders, trench-digging machines, conveyors, bulldozers, dredges, pumps, compressors and pneumatic tools.
* Operates and inspects machines or equipment to diagnose defects, dismantles and reassembles equipment using hoists and hand tools, examines parts for damage or excessive wear using micrometers and gauges, replaces defective engines and sub-assemblies such as transmissions, and tests overhauled equipment to insure operating efficiency.
* Welds broken parts and structural members.
* May direct workers engaged in cleaning parts and assisting with assembly and disassembly of equipment.
* Perform assignments with safety being the primary responsibility, utilizing personnel protective equipment and other safety related items/equipment when needed or required.
* Interpret and understand technical manuals or other documentation required to assist senior mechanics with the diagnosis and troubleshooting of electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic faults on military equipment to make the required repairs in compliance with contract standard operating procedures and with specified time limits.
* Disassemble, repair and assemble military vehicles, equipment and systems.
* Document supply and maintenance repair actions on military, manual or commercial computer systems.
* It is understood that these are the duties to be performed and any variations of these duties must be approved by a supervisor.
* Education: Technical Training required; HS Diploma Preferred, may substitute one (1) year relevant experience for one (1) year of education.
* Experience: three (3) years. * Must possess CURRENT Class A CDL
* Must have high knowledge of power tools, special tools, equipment and common tools required to make repairs
* Must possess the physical ability to perform the job while standing for long periods of time; working in inclement weather and while wearing personal protective equipment as required.
* Must be able to lift and move a minimum of 50 pounds as an individual.
* Must be able to pass and maintain background and substance abuse screening/testing to obtain and maintain employment with VSE Corporation.
* Moderate background in DOD and Army automotive equipment desired
Contact: Ed Wakeley Sr. Technical Recruiter 703-329-2621 email@example.com Travel
0 - 10%
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer (Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans?) that understands the value of diversity and its impact on a high performance culture. We are a military friendly organization and veterans are encouraged to apply. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Due to the incredible influx of applicants we are not able to take phone calls; we will contact you if you are a match for any position. Thank you for considering us for employment.