Heavy Equipment Mechanic - GER02008
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Currently in the market for a Heavy Equipment Mechanic to work in the Jacksonville Mill. The candidate will be required to troubleshoot, repair, service, and complete preventive maintenance on various types of heavy equipment and forklifts. Perform work in a shop and outside environment. Gerdau will provide a tooling set for the incumbent. Duties & Responsibilities
* Duties will focus on the repair and maintenance of Liebherr and Sennebogen material handlers, Komatsu WA-500 loaders, Skidsteers, Forklifts, etc.
* Provide comprehensive maintenance on various heavy equipment throughout the mill.
* 7+ years of heavy equipment experience preferred. (OTR - On the Road trucks experience doesn't count, must be heavy mobile equipment experience).
* High school diploma, GED or trade schooling or additional training certificates.
* Experience working on internal combustion, hydraulic systems and electric powered equipment
* Ability to troubleshoot and repair engines, transmissions, gearboxes, hydraulics, electrical, and pneumatic systems on various types of equipment. (Material handlers, Loaders, Excavators, Forklifts)
* Able to effectively process required paperwork for service work and parts ordering by utilizing computers when necessary.
* Demonstrate safe work habits and have a strong commitment to safety.
* Self-starter that effectively manages time with a strong sense of urgency.
* Must be able to communicate well with co-workers. Must be able to work well under pressure and fast paced environments.
Salary & Benefits
* Medical and Prescription
* Health & Dependent Care (Flexible Spending Account)
* Basic Life/Accidental Life Insurance
* Health Advocate Services
* Employee Assistance Program
* Tuition Reimbursement Program
Additional Agency Job Board Text Application Process
Gerdau believes in equal employment opportunity related to all employees and applicants for employment. It is the policy of Gerdau that there will be no discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status. All applicants must be legally eligible to immediately work in the country of hire without current or future sponsorship.
If you are vision-impaired or have some other disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Gerdau, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (866) 788-2798 or email@example.com.