Heavy Equipment Operator - OLIO
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/17/2016
City of Atlanta
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Salary Range: $33,000 - $41,300
General Description and Classification Standards
The purpose of this job is to operate a variety of heavy and complex construction equipment in the Office of Linear Infrastructure either in Wastewater Collection or Water Distribution.
Works under very general supervision. May work independently or with other skilled or semi-skilled workers with responsibility for completion of assigned tasks.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities These are typical responsibilities for this position and should not be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. May perform other duties as assigned.
Acts in place of supervisor in his/her absence. May oversee the activities of crews when performing duties. Gives instructions to crew members to ensure the completion of tasks and assignments. Trains other equipment operators as assigned. Plans and organizes daily work routine. Implements work activity in accordance with priorities and estimates schedules. Ensures that the required tools and equipment are available to perform assigned tasks. Records and files equipment records to comply with administrative requests for information. Communicates with supervisor to receive instructions and advice regarding the completion of job assignments. Communicates with other employees to complete assignments effectively and accurately. Operates trucks, including tractor and trailer, backhoe, front end loaders, excavator and other heavy equipment in order to complete assignments.
Responsible for safe operation of equipment and for deciding how to approach the work being performed; establishes work methods, timetables, performance standards, etc.
Minimum Qualifications - Education and Experience
* High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
* Three years of experience in the operation of medium and heavy construction equipment; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities for this job.
* The examination for this job will consist of an evaluation of applicant training and experience, and a performance test on heavy equipment.
Licensures and Certifications
* Valid State Issued Class A (CDL) Driver's License
* Current Medical D.O.T Card
* Water Vacancies: Georgia Water Distribution or Wastewater Collection License is desirable.
Essential Capabilities and Work Environment
Required physical, lifting, and sensory capabilities are requirements to perform the job successfully. Typical environmental conditions associated with job.