Heavy Equipment/Vehicle Appraiser (Commission) 9/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Summary:
Appraises heavy equipment and vehicle losses providing accurate cost factors including damage, repair, replacement value or salvage value; analyzes and identifies cause and origin of various types of losses, negotiates settlements.
* Examines damaged vehicles to determine interior/exterior repair costs for claim settlements.
* Utilizes standard labor and parts databases or manuals to determine replacement costs; evaluates salvage value for total losses.
* Interprets client s special instructions to accurately handle claims.
* Negotiates charges with repair facilities for replacement costs and labor.
* Prepares reports/documents for appropriate personnel as required.
* Records case time/billings.
* Lease-end inspections.
* Establishes loss/cash value.
* Licensing as required by jurisdiction.
* Must possess a valid driver s license with a clean driving record.
* In-depth working knowledge of various types of vehicle construction and repair techniques.
* Ability to read and interpret technical reference material.
* Negotiating skills.
* Computer skills-ability to learn automated appraisal system.
* Technical training by Vale or iCar strongly preferred.
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
* Career advancement potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries
* On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career
* Strong benefits package including matching 401k; health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more.
Crawford & Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.