Hedge Fund Accountant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONA leading asset manager is seeking an exceptional Hedge Fund Accountant to join its Accounting team. Reporting to the Fund Controllers, this person will join a highly collaborative team and assist the Fund Controllers with responsibilities for completing the month end financial close process, preparing monthly financial statements, overseeing the fund administrator, assisting in year-end audits, and reviewing tax information. This is the perfect opportunity for a successful candidate to gain hands-on experience on all aspects of hedge fund accounting.
* Prepare monthly closing package to support the calculation of the Fund's NAV
* Provide financial information and reporting to internal management, external counterparties and investors
* Coordinate investor transactions including subscriptions and redemptions
* Prepare month-end investor statements
* Monitor expense budgets and accruals
* Coordinate with external auditors on agreed-upon procedures work and annual audits/financial statement preparation
* Coordinate with external tax preparers in the tax return and K-1 process
* Work directly with senior management, corporate accounting, internal operations, analysts and legal department
* BS/BA required
* Strong communication (written and verbal), analytical and spreadsheet skills.
* 2-3years prior public accounting/fund accounting experience; exposure to hedge fund accounting is a definite plus