Hedge Fund Audit Supervisor 8/27/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Firm is a mid-size public accounting firm with clients in a variety of industries. Known to have some of the best hours in public accounting(early fridays year round), a very close knit group and friendly environment.
Looking for a Hedgefund Supervisor within their Financial Services group of the NYC office. Specifically covering their largest Hedgefund client, the Supervisor will assist the engagement partner and/or manager in the development of audit strategy, planning, review and interpretation of audit findings. The Supervisor should be capable of managing the engagement in the field and performing audit procedures to the appropriate extent.
* Develop and maintain productive relationships with audit clients/management.
* Establish expectations of value/services to be delivered for the client.
* Collaborate to plan engagement objectives. Develop and implement an audit strategy that complies with professional standards and appropriately addresses risk.
* Understand the client's industry and recognize key performance drivers, business trends and industry developments.
* Develop people - conduct timely reviews and provide feedback to team members, lead engagement team sessions and participate in recruiting efforts.
* Oversee engagement economics and manage appropriate resources for efficient engagement models.
* Participate in client pursuits and develop proposal content.
* Use technology to continually learn, share knowledge and enhance service delivery.
* 4+ years of audit experience at another public accounting firm with hedge fund clients
* CPA + but not required