Hedge Fund Margins Associate 8/11/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY This role is a fantastic opportunity for someone who comes from a bank or fund administrator within their margin group. This top multi-strategy hedge fund, is looking for an individual who desires a tremendous amount of growth and has superior margin knowledge and/or a foundation in derivative products.
* Daily collateral exchange. Review and validate margin calls and reconcile mark-to-market changes.
* Investigate any discrepancies on a trade level for Initial or Variation Margin and resolve disputes with counterparts on a timely basis.
* Brokerage margining regimes and coordinating position allocations to optimize the firm's capital deployed.
* Manage our counterparty hedge regime by monitoring the fund's exposures and instructing the execution of credit default swaps hedges.
* Consistently seek opportunities to improve processes, controls and procedures.
* Lead projects for work process automation, technology integration/development in concert with other teams
* Work closely with operations to reconcile daily cash balances and resolve pending cash discrepancies as necessary.
* Responsible for production and accuracy of key management reporting and control metrics.
Must have superior margin knowledge and/or foundation in derivative products