Help Desk Analyst 8/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY * Calls software and hardware vendors to request service regarding defective products.
* Acts as a subject matter expert for one or more custom or COTS applications.
* Talks to programmers to explain software errors or to recommend changes to programs.
* May work as in-house consultant and research alternate approaches to existing software and hardware when standardized approaches cannot be applied.
* Tests software and hardware to evaluate ease of use and whether product will aid user in performing work.
* Write software and hardware evaluation and recommendations for management review.
* Write or revise user-training manuals and procedures.
* Develops training materials, such as exercises and visual displays.
* Train users on software and hardware on-site or in classroom, or recommend outside contractors to provide training.
* Provides technical assistance, support, and advice to end users for hardware, software, and systems.
* Provides hands-on technical assistance to business and technical users.
* Investigates and resolves computer software and hardware problems of users.
* Serves as a contact for level 1 support.
* Serves as a contact for users having problems using computer software, hardware, and operating systems, and escalates as necessary.
* Determines whether problem is caused by hardware, software, or system.
* Answers questions, applying knowledge of computer software, hardware, systems, and procedures.
* Talks with technical and non-technical co-workers to research problem and find solution.
* Asks user with problem to use telephone and participate in diagnostic procedures, using diagnostic software or by listening to and following instructions.
* Experienced with a variety of call-tracking software and systems.
* Reads trade magazines and engages in independent study to maintain current industry knowledge.
* Follow quality standards, and displays strong customer service skills.
* Able to work in a team environment.
* Complete assigned tasks.
* Strong communication skills; both written and spoken.