Help Desk Analyst I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
M & T Bank
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY HELP DESK ANALYST I
AMHERST, NY & BALTIMORE, MD
The ATM Services Analyst is responsible for monitoring, escalating and coordinating the resolution of problems occurring within the ATM and Teller Cash Recycler (TCR) network. ATM Services utilizes the Gasper System and the Postilion application for ATM monitoring and Service manager and Netcool for TCR monitoring as their primary tools to accomplish this task. The position requires technical skills as well as effective communication skills to be successful. The position is within the ATM Services Department, which operates from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., seven days a week including holidays.
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
PROBLEM OWNERSHIP- Responsible for recognizing, isolating and coordinating the resolution
of all problems impacting ATM Service delivery channel.
* Effective utilization of our technical tools (Gasper, Postilion, Service manager, Netcool) working to bring a quick, accurate and final resolution to all of the open problems. Assist in daily auditing and scrubbing of all Gasper and Service manager tickets to ensure they are accurate and complete. Have excellent technical skills and able too use them at a high level of functionality to identify, isolate and solve problems. Able to train others on the finer points of these applications, readily shares knowledge.
* Seeing the problem to the end or giving the problem the proper turnover (both before a lunch break and the end of shift). Consistently gives good turnover reports and takes the time necessary to ensure oncoming shift is given up to date information on all problem tickets within ATM Services channel.
* Recognizing others in need of help and support for a time / task. Takes pride of in doing the job right the first time with all tasks. Encourage pride in your co-workers work and attitudes while in ATM Services.
PROBLEM ESCALATION Responsible for escalating ATM and TCR problems to internal and external service providers as required to meet our ATM Services availability objectives. Escalates to ATM Services Help Desk manager and others as needed to resolve chronic and/or unique problems.
* Escalate all ATM and TCR outages as per the ATM Services Escalation Matrix.
* For lost communication outages analyze any patterns and attempt to identify lowest common denominator (power, circuit, and topology) of the failure, and then escalate appropriately.
* Escalate all ATMs down longer than 8 hours and TCR down longer than 3 hours to ATM Services Help Desk Manager. Furnish details of what is causing the delay (parts, missed ETA, etc.)
* Escalate all missed EC (emergency cash orders) after 6 hours to ATM Operations Help Desk. Also, Issuing e-mails to Card Services as needed.
PROBLEM REPORTING Responsible for detailed reporting of all incidents affecting ATM Services Channel, availability and the actions taken to affect a resolution. Requires clear, concise, detailed problem entries in the Gasper and/or Service Center systems.
* All analysts are expected to update Gasper and Service center tickets with their comments every 2 hours, which includes reviewing of the total ticket. Be proactive, you should not wait for Gasper to dispatch to the contact. Analysts should make the calls whenever possible to avoid any delay, actively calling Branches to clear faults.
* Service Center tickets need to be opened for all loss comm. problems before they can be assigned to the NCC. The information in Gasper should agree & mirror the information in the PSC tickets. Resolution / cause are need for the reporting, it must be in the Gasper ticket for the monthly report.
* Daily reporting, all Analysts are expected to be able to generate all of the daily availability and status reports. All sites down greater than 24 hrs.need brief description as to next steps to bring machines back in service.
* Maintaining the ATM Project Report Log that documents all projects and problems that are encountered..
* Monthly and special reports, assist manager in creating and/ or updating many different types of reports including the monthly report, adhoc outage reports and the Sheetz penalty report.
CUSTOMER SERVICE Provides excellent customer service to all internal and external customers calling the ATM Services Help Desk. Very courteous, professional and customer focused. Good phone skills and communications skills are essential.
* ATM Services is here to assist all callers. Be courteous and professional at all times. Be able to handle difficult calls to resolution.
* When we are unable to help the caller we are expected to give the caller the correct contact phone number and name, and then do a warm transfer introducing the two parties and explaining the reason for the transfer. Maintaining the phone matrix.
* Be a good listener - No time will be saved if we talk over the Branches, so be very courteous, professional and wait for a natural break in the conversation before asking questions. Set a leading example to other co-workers.
TEAMWORK SKILLS Works well with others, has good interpersonal skills. Respects and values others contributions and opinions. Shares information and knowledge with team. Strives to find areas to contribute to team successes.
* Divide the work evenly. The work is expected to be re-divided when analysts are at lunch or meetings to ensure that the work is not missed. Sharing and re-divide as the day goes on. You always handle the more difficult tasks.
* We expect no negative comments about the overall Bank, our department or other employees. We are all part of a team and should work together to ensure we are building up this our department. Promotes teamwork and take pride in our department and our role in maintaining / increasing ATM Services channel availability. Teamwork is not just a word to this person. We are looking for most valuable player ATM Services, Bank Teamwork and overall increase in ATM availability plans/steps/actions/quality of tickets every day.
PRODUCTIVITY Maintains a high level of productivity by staying actively engaged and available for incoming calls as determined by the ACD statistics.
* Analyst must remain in the ACD queue during their entire shift with the exception of lunches, breaks and meetings. The new system (Aspect Call Manager) will have reports that will help to ensure that calls are equally divided and calls are answered in the banks required standards with minimum abandon calls. Answering calls on the first ring with the correct greeting .
* Remaining engaged for your entire shift answering phones, updating service tickets, producing reports, and lending your talents with the installs, upgrades and closings. Keep your ACD call time to a minimum to ensure a minimum of abandon callers. Limiting the amount of personnel calls and / or cell calls. Internet is to be used for M&T business and ATM Services functions.
* Look for ways to improve on overall ATM Services channel availability and Department productivity. The Analyst is actively looking to create ways to improve steps in ATM Services.
M&T Bank Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. M&T Bank Corporation does not sponsor individuals for the purpose of obtaining H-1 Visas. M&T Bank Corporation has policies and procedures in place to promote a drug free workplace.