Help Desk Customer Service Representative 9/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY FosterThomas, a Mid-Atlantic HR and Recruiting Firm, is leading the search for our Client, based in Reston, VA for their role of Customer Care, Senior Coordinator.
Successful candidate will provide multi-tiered technical support; and document information gathered as the issues are being escalated from Tier 1 through Tier 3 in a consistent manner for recordkeeping and potential follow up. Coordinates with the Product Manager and Customer Care Coordinator to prioritize and document recurring issues for final escalation to the software developer (Tier 4 technical support). Additional responsibilities include:
* Provide technical support both externally and internally at Tier 0 through Tier 3 technical levels.
* Maintain working knowledge of current operating systems/platforms (and their regionally varying versions).
* Diagnose and research required information using available resources with little to no guidance.
* Exercise discretion in providing common repairs through emails and remote support sessions when resolving issues.
* Provide front line customer service and operations for products and services.
* Respond promptly and professionally to all service requests and document each request and resolution.
* Establish and maintain protocol to ensure internal and external customer needs are met.
* Run daily reports to ensure systems are functioning correctly.
* Produce forecasts and recommendations for changes and improvements to business systems and processes
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* 3years' experience working in a customer service environment
* 2-3years technical support work experience; or equivalent combination of technical certificates (e.g. CompTIA A+), academic/technical courses, and relevant work experience
* Working knowledge of Windows and Mac operating systems
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)