Help Desk Support & Network Administrator 8/17/2016
Tecan US Inc
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOIN TECAN. JOIN THE MARKET LEADER.
Work in an international and dynamic environment.
Tecan Systems is a leading global supplier of solutions for the biopharma, forensic and diagnostic industries. The company is a leader in the development, production and distribution of advanced automation and detection solution for the world s leading life science laboratories.
Is it your ambition to contribute to the quality of life of humankind by enabling our customers to make the world and our community a healthier and safer place*
HELP DESK SUPPORT & NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR
Reference Job # 081-116
Reporting to the IS/IT Manager, this position is responsible for providing direct IT support to Tecan personnel and organizing the Helpdesk. We are looking for an individual who can adapt to the changing needs of a global company, identify, research and resolve complex technical problems; configure and maintain the organization's network; and build and maintain external and internal web presence.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Providing timely and considerate Help Desk support (desktops, servers, network, printers, phones) for approximately 100 internal and remote users.
* Documenting technical solutions.
* Creating user accounts and managing access control based on company policies.
* Setting up work stations for new employees and providing IT introductory training. Organizing end user training for new software applications.
* Analyzing and identifying trends in issue reporting and devising preventative solutions. Offering suggestions for any noted process improvements and developing the new procedures.
* Virus management; prevention, detection and removal.
* Server maintenance and updates, including patch management, performance monitoring, and hardware maintenance.
* Troubleshooting current Microsoft operating systems, server and workstation; Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio and Word).
* Providing support for organization s network including LAN, WAN, and WLAN.
* Providing support for phone messaging system, voicemail, and electronic fax.
* Providing support after normal working hours when necessary.
* Performing system backups and conduct tests for data restores.
* Following documented processes.
Training and Experience Requirements:
* A BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Systems is preferred and/or equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience.
* Microsoft certified professionals are preferred.
* Experience with MS Office/Windows and Desktop hardware and software troubleshooting is required.
* Working experience with MS Windows Server operating systems, Active Directory, MS Sharepoint, and MS SQL are desirable.
* A successful candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication, organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task.
* It is imperative that the candidate has the ability to work with users of all ranges of knowledge and seniority as well as an ability to work independently.
* Exceptional customer service orientation is required.
* Must have the ability to introduce new technology.
* Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality.
Tecan is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.