Help Desk Support Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Our helpdesk agents are responsible for handling inbound calls from external and internal customers seeking technical support. The types of technical products that we support are both hardware and software related and vary from client to client. We fully train all of our employees in house to handle each type of call.
While on the job, expect to use the latest technology in call center equipment, as well as have access to an endless array of high tech tools, applications and computer based training programs. Dazzle our customers with your keen technical trouble-shooting ability, top-shelf problem solving skills, and your excellent customer service attitude.
- Responsible for providing the first-line of post-sales telephone technical support of hardware, systems, sub-systems and/or applications for customers and/or employees.
- Answers basic questions about installation, operation, configuration, customization, and usage of assigned products.
- Applies basic diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes and recommend solutions to correct common failures.
- Escalates complex problems to the Remote Support Engineering staff or Field Engineering.
- Typically provides technical support for internal and external customers.
- Escalates complex problems to higher level of expertise within organization.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Previous computer technical support experience required.
- A+, MCP, Dell or other industry identified certifications are preferred.
- Previous Windows 7 experience necessary.
- Office 2010 preferred.
- Successful candidates should possess basic technical skills in the following areas: PC hardware for workstations and laptops, Network troubleshooting, Windows operating systems, and applications such as Microsoft Office/Outlook products and Lotus Notes/ Smart Suite. MAC HW/SW skills also a plus.
- The ability to communicate effectively both written and oral is imperative, as well as efficient and accurate typing skills.