Help Desk Technician I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 11/3/2016
Looking for a rewarding and challenging career with a dynamic, growing organization? Phacil is your answer. We have an immediate need for a Help Desk Technician to support an important government customer in Quantico, Virginia.
Clearance Level (Required to Start): Secret
Daily Job Responsibilities:
* Staff and operate RCEN, Service Desk and MCRISS applications (Tier-1) support in a way that ensures appropriate onsite and remote coverage for the RCEN during the Government's core work hours, on-call requirements, surge requirements and authorized outages.
* Process and resolved RCEN network issues and elevate MCRISS issues to MCRIESS (Tier-2) service desk for local and remote users.
* Ensure that user accounts are created in accordance with Information Assurance Operational Standard (IA OPSTD) 002 Access Control Policy (See Attachment 2).
* Upgrade Remedy as necessary and maintain the system and its modules (include description of experience with Remedy and identify proposed personnel who have relevant Remedy experience) to exploit new feature sets and address vulnerabilities critical to the RCEN and in support of RCEN users.
* Maintain the Remedy Knowledge Database and contribute to documented solutions contained therein.
* Must be able to learn and support new and quickly-changing technologies.
* Ability to research solutions or information regarding technical issues.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Good work habits under pressure.
* Familiarity with a wide range of standard office automation products.
* High energy level.
* Detail oriented.
* Must have a good command of the English language in order to provide effective phone, desk-side, and email support.
* Preferred Skills:
* High School diploma with coursework towards a Bachelor's degree and 0 - 2 years of help desk experience.
* Meet or exceed DoD 8570.1 requirements as follows: Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II which consists of either: Security+ CE, GSEC, or SSCP.
* Must possess the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) or able to obtain within six (6) months after hire date.
Degree & Years of Experience:
High School diploma with coursework towards a Bachelor's degree and 0 - 2 years of help desk experience.
* Security+ CE, GSEC, or SSCP
* Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) or able to obtain within six (6) months after hire date
* 6am - 2pm
* 8am - 4pm
* Instances of working remotely from home would be when there is base closures or inclement weather.
Phacil is a leading provider of mission-focused, results-driven technology solutions to the federal government. We continually demonstrate Commitment to our customers, Excellence in performance, and Service to the nation. Customers trust Phacil to solve their most complex challenges by delivering uniquely-tailored technology solutions that maximize value and mission success.
Phacil offers a diverse range of technology services, including Software Services, Systems Engineering/Integration and Operations (SEI&O), Cyber Security and Service Desk. Our team of nearly 900 energetic, highly-skilled professionals support customers across the country and abroad.
Phacil continually strives for performance excellence as evidenced by corporate certifications, such as ISO 9001:2015 and ISO/IEC 27001:2013, performing certified ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 and CMMI Maturity Level 3 (for both Development and Services) work on contracts. Phacil has won numerous awards, including rankings on Washington Business Journal's Top Government Technology Contractors, CRN Solution Provider 500, and Tech Council of MD's Contracting Firm of the Year, to name a few.