Help Desk Tier I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/15/2016
Cherokee Nation Management and Consulting
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe United States Department of the Interior (DOI) is the United States federal executive department of the US government responsible for the management and conservation of most federal and natural resources, and the administration of programs relating to Native Americans, Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiians, territorial affairs, and insular areas of the United States.
Our client, the U.S. Department of the Interior– Office of the Solicitor, is in need of a Help Desk Support person to provide general assistance within a broad scope of tasks with an understanding of IT products to identify the department’s needs and provide tips on how to manage problems as they occur.
• Respond to trouble calls deliver via phone, email, and/or the automated trouble ticket system.
• Enter, update, the status of and document resolution to trouble calls into the work order tracking system, etc.
• Diagnose trouble calls and escalate to the appropriate IT personnel for resolution if needed.
• Assist with software installation, diagnostic and removal services as needed
• Help provide email support.
• Assist with providing network connectivity support.
• Help coordinate & maintaining inventory of hardware and software.
• Updating service requests status in the work order tracking system.
• Follow through with other tasks as needed.
• A High School Diploma or equivalent is mandatory. A Bachelors in an IT or Computer Science related concentration is preferred.
• 1 to 3 years of IT Help Desk Support within a federal organization is required. Experience within a federal organization is highly desired.
• Knowledge of Windows Operating Systems as well as MS Office Suite is a must. Experience with LexisNexis, Laserfiche, Relativity, Adobe Pro, WordPress & Google Drive is a plus.
• Excellent communications skills, both oral and written.
• Ability to pass a drug screen and background check are required
• Have or possess the ability to obtain a low-level security clearance.
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Apply to Job # 10529 online at www.cherokee-cnmc.com
Cherokee Nation Management & Consulting (CNMC) is a versatile small business that provides advisory & assistance services in research, experimental development, technology implementation, and program management. CNMC has expertise in a wide-range of technical disciplines including engineering, environmental, information and asset management, along with a variety of physical and life sciences. The company is an integral part of the Technology Division’s portfolio of companies. Wholly owned by the Cherokee Nation, CNMC is part of the Cherokee Nation Businesses family of companies.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit the following two sites:
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, click here: www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf