Aqua America - Bryn Mawr, PA
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Primary responsibility is to provide support and customer service to users requiring technical assistance across the Aqua enterprise. The position is responsible for first level problem determination, problem/incident recording, problem resolution, and problem escalation when needed. RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Follow standard Help Desk operating procedures; answering all communication directed to the Help Desk including phone, employee self service tickets, and e-mail messages and accurately log all requests using tracking software.
- Provide 1st level problem resolution.
- Monitor Aqua infrastructure using monitoring tools provided by Infrastructure team, generate service requests when outages occur or service is degraded.
- Provide technical support services to the end users, including those in remote offices.
- Learn fundamental operations of commonly used software, hardware, and other equipment.
- Provide accurate and timely logging of requests for problem resolution and escalation of requests to second level support if required.
- Perform tasks for IS groups as assigned and approved by supervisor.
- Provide procedures for the installation/de-installation of approved software.
- Prepare helpdesk reports providing metrics on daily, weekly, monthly and yearly basis for management review.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Required SkillsAbility to work independently on assignments. Must be customer oriented. Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize most important and time critical tasks. Must have the flexibility to work through completion of time critical projects as necessary.
Required ExperienceHigh school graduate, or equivalent, with business courses and three years experience in a general business environment. Must have experience with personal computers, MS Office products and general office procedures.