Helpdesk Analyst/Production Support - Denver, CO
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONBioScrip, Inc. is one of the nation's leading specialty home infusion companies! Our focus is clinical excellence and improving the quality of our patients' lives. With over 2,500 employees able to service 46 states, BioScrip has externally-qualified Centers of Excellence built around specific clinical conditions and therapies, as well as Ambulatory Infusion Centers around the country. Ours is a fast-paced dynamic work environment with room for new ideas and opportunities for career advancement. We offer a wide array of employee benefits as well as Tuition Reimbursement, an Employee Referral Program, and a 401(k) plan with a Company match.
The Help Desk Analyst / Production Support will be responsible for providing internal support to PC network users on multiple platforms and operating systems. This position will also provide assistance and training to PC users on the various aspects of using available software/hardware, as well as working closely with the network and development staff to resolve customer issues. The Help Desk Analyst / Production Support will typically be working only Tier 1 Support.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily, with or without reasonable accommodation.
1 Responds to users' requests for information and assists in problem resolution by dispatching appropriate support personnel in accordance with established help desk policies and standards.
2 Owns situation until it is resolved and maintains contact with users on status of request.
3 Assists in resolving equipment problems.
4 Logs new service requests in HelpStar and sets reminders
5 Ensures the escalation procedures are followed for critical issues
6 Recognizes and identifies potential areas where existing policies and procedures require change
7 Processes all required paperwork according to established procedures.
8 Answers telephone calls, faxes and e-mails in a professional and timely manner.
9 Maintains sensitivity to employee's and customer's (if applicable) needs and data.
10 Performs responsibilities as directed achieving desired results within expected time frames and with a high degree of quality and professionalism.
11 Establishes and maintains positive and productive work relationships with staff and customers (if applicable).
12 Demonstrates the behavioral and technical competencies necessary to effectively complete job responsibilities. Takes personal initiative for technical and professional development.
13 Each employee is responsible for adhering to those performance programs, policies, procedures, guidelines and internal control standards established to guide the operation of the Company. Each employee must be made aware of and understand proper internal control procedures associated with their specific job function as communicated by his/her manager. Each employee is responsible for reporting concerns that he or she may have with respect to deficiencies in internal control.
14 Performs other duties as assigned
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, reach outward, and handle/finger.
* The employee is occasionally required to reach above shoulder, climb, crawl, squat, kneel and bend.
* The employee must be able to occasionally push/pull up to 15lbs or less.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
* Work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled.
* Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility.
* Must have the ability to bend, squat and occasionally lift up to 40 lbs.
* Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
* Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity
* Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with customers and other employees.
* Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
* Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
* May occasionally be exposed to moving mechanical parts.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
* Vocational education or a Bachelor's degree in Communications, Computer Science, or related fields preferred.
* A+ and/or Network+ Certifications or equivalent work experience preferred.
* Microsoft Product Specialist or Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer a plus.
* 1-2 years' experience providing technical support in a local area network environment installing and supporting hardware and software on desktop and laptop PC's in a Microsoft Windows environment.
* Installation and support of the Microsoft Office Professional Suite (including Outlook), and Internet Explorer required.
* Extensive experience with: Windows 2000/XP/Windows 7, Office XP/2003/2010, Desktop, laptop, and peripheral hardware
* Experience with Windows Server Administration/Active Directory preferred
* Experience with job scheduling products
* Reading and understanding job logs
* Experience with downloading/uploading and applying files
* Basic knowledge of the i5 and Unix platforms
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential.
* The ability to interact and relate to various departments within BioScrip and with those outside of BioScrip is a must.
* Must have good organizational skills and able to work independently.
* Must be detail oriented.
* Ability to provide problem resolution.
* Strong customer service skills and experience required.
* Must be a flexible and creative team player
* Must be able to multi-task
OTHER (Required licenses, certifications, schedule flexibility/OT, travel etc.):
* Must have scheduling flexibility and be able to work overtime.
* Minimal travel by car and airplane is required.
* Required to work 24/7 On-Call on a rotating schedule. (Approx. 1 week per month).
* May be asked to perform other duties as requested by Manager.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret clinical information appropriate to duties and responsibilities assigned. Ability to operate information systems, follow policies, complete required forms, and prepare reports.
Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of abstract variables.
BioScrip is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to age, color, race, ancestry, national origin, disability, genetic information, military status, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, marital status, citizenship, sexual or