This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 11/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We Build Careers As Strong As Our Products
Pelican Products is not only the global leader in the design and manufacture of advanced lighting systems and virtually indestructible cases for protecting valuable equipment---it's a great place to work. With competitive compensation and benefits, our team enjoys a fast-paced, creative and exciting environment that allows them to flourish and be the best at their jobs. We currently have an opening for a Helpdesk Support for our Torrance, CA facility.
Under minimum supervision, responsible for providing setup, management and support for Windows infrastructure, including, cabling, desktop, peripheral, and software installations, changes and troubleshooting. Provides system and software support and assists in the development of procedures and documentation.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Troubleshoot and resolve end user desktop/laptop issues in a mixed Windows and Mac OS X environment (Majority Windows)
* Handle service requests from management and end-users related to new installations, changes, break/fix, and troubleshooting.
* Provides support to end users with systems and software problems and questions.
* Maintain help desk applications and process helpdesk tickets.
* Develops procedures, tutorials, training guides and documentation.
* Actively support Pelican's commitment to Quality and all quality objectives, with an emphasis on continual improvement.
* Proactively provide patch management and upgrades to ensure the highest level of support and security.
* Perform other tasks as assigned by IT management.
* Computer Science degree or equivalent work experience.
* 3+ years with Windows operating systems and relevant software packages, including MS Office applications.
* Proficient working with end users in a networked mixed OS client/server environment.
* Highly motivated team player with strong communication skills able to perform assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
* Experience with Mac OSX a plus.
* Ability to troubleshoot network, desktops, printers, peripherals, and wireless both OS and hardware.
* Must have the ability to complete assignments within time frame specified by IT Management.
* Must be able to operate in a fast-paced organization and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
* Must be able to interact effectively and cooperatively with employees at all levels.
* Must be flexible with work schedules and be available to work overtime on evenings and weekends, with or without advanced notice.
Pelican Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law..