Helpdesk Technician II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
ARRIS Group, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
The Helpdesk is the first point of contact for all IT requests and problem reporting for our end-users, and is responsible for the delivery of end-to-end IT support, in accordance with any IT Service Level Agreements currently in place. This may include software installation, diagnostics, troubleshooting, repair, maintenance, and upgrades for standard desktops, laptops, and other supported devices to ensure optimal performance. These services may occur in person, by telephone contact, via e-mail, or via a remote connection. By partnering with end-users and other IT teams, the Helpdesk ensures all incidents are analyzed, resolved or escalated, and reported back within appropriate timeframes.
The scope of this role requires the incumbent to provide administrative or technical support at an intermediate level, and either be gaining or have already attained full proficiency in their specific area of discipline.
Receives general supervision. Normally follows established procedures on routine work, and requires more detailed instructions only on new activities and/or special assignments.
Applies acquired job skills and company policies and procedures to complete assigned tasks.
Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature but recognizes the need for occasional deviation from accepted practice. May seek the advice of senior personnel in the functional area.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
* Learn, retain and employ company technology practices, standards, and procedures to provide high quality, consistent IT support to ARRIS employees and contractors (our end users)
* Must be able to work courteously and respectfully with users of all skill levels and from diverse cultures and languages.
* Support end users by maintaining functionality of their ARRIS-provided computer, mobile devices, network printer services and other ARRIS-owned hardware.
* Support end users by restoring/maintaining functionality of and access to supported software applications.
* Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve or escalate tickets of complex desktop problems for end users utilizing provided knowledgebase, other internal documentation, and accumulated industry knowledge.
* Monitor ticketing system and take ownership of unowned tickets, prioritize by severity and date/time received.
* Participate in IVR/phone queue and create a ticket for each request/issue reported by phone.
* Monitor the shared Helpdesk inbox and create a ticket for each issue reported via e-mail.
* Engage with walk-in customers and create tickets for issues reported in-person.
* Provide assistance to peers in troubleshooting more complex issues.
* Log all Helpdesk interactions into the Online Helpdesk Ticketing System (OHDS) software in clear, concise, unambiguous wording.
* Contact customers by phone, e-mail, IM or in-person, and gather detailed information about their requests or problems. Record all information gathered in the ticket.
* Record all troubleshooting actions including resolution details, in the ticket, whether performed by the user or by the agent.
* Write clear, user-friendly correspondence with end-users, which may include step-by-step directions for the purpose of ticket resolution.
* Process change management for new hires, employee separations, and other routine operations. This includes creating IDs for new hires, disabling accounts, etc.
* Collaborate with other team members toward collecting data needed to identify and help troubleshoot new issues as they emerge.
* Ensure all incidents are resolved against SLAs, where applicable.
* Provide feedback and share ideas for the development of business support standards and for the improvement of processes and procedures.
* Learn new product and service technologies, new processes. Share knowledge with users and/or other team members. Assist with tracking of software media and licenses as needed.
* Work in conjunction with other IT team members to implement and deploy new software.
* Help maintain the asset documentation for the companys personal computers, printers and other tracked equipment.
* Perform other duties as required.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Associates degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Technology or equivalent.
* 2 years of experience in a Helpdesk/Call Center environment or PC Desktop Support environment or equivalent.
* Microsoft Certifications and A certifications are a bonus.
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Strong desire to serve with excellence.
* Enhanced problem solving skills to get to the core of the incident for faster resolution.
* General knowledge of current computer protocols, operating systems, and standards.
* Working knowledge of desktop and laptop PC terminology.
* General knowledge of trouble ticketing/tracking applications.
* Strong interpersonal, relationship-building, and customer service orientation skills.
* Strong written and verbal communications skills.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Demonstrates basic understanding of full cycle of Helpdesk environment, how it supports other departments, and how business decisions impact Helpdesk operations and processes.
* Ability to learn quickly and thrive in unpredictable, changing environment while keeping a positive attitude.
* Ability to work and excel in a team environment.
* Technical knowledge of PC, desktop hardware, and internal components. Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
* General understanding of networking, Active Directory, Cisco VPN.
* Working knowledge of current MS Operating Systems and MS Office Suite.
* Experience with Cherwell Helpdesk Ticketing software a plus.
* Familiarity with ITIL v3 or related framework is a plus.
* Prior experience working with diverse cultures and different time zones.
REQUIRED PHYSICAL/VISUAL/HEARING ABILITIES:
* Sitting for extended periods of time.
* Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, hand and power tools, and to handle other computer components.
* Some lifting and transporting of heavy to moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Require 2 years of IT help desk experience.
As an EOE/AA employer, ARRIS will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicants race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and veteran or disability status.