Helpdesk Tier 1 (Job #11358)
SmartSource - Denver, CO
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
SMARTSOURCE is in need of several Tier 1 Helpdesk Technicians for a client in Denver, CO
Job Type: contract to hire
Salary upon Hire: $45k
Location: Denver, CO 80222
A Colorado's information technology leader is seeking self-motivated and experienced technicians to function as a Tier I Help Desk resource for its IT Solutions Managed Services team based in Denver. This position will help support the desktops and infrastructures of Managed Services customers.
Responsibilities will include taking and resolving initial calls from customers, monitoring the environments, helping with the support and maintenance of servers, workstations, network equipment, firewalls, access points, printers, and related software in customer locations, and reporting on systems.
The Help Desk Tier 1 Engineer must be able to prioritize the importance of help desk calls and systems outages as to least affect the ability of the customer and its employees to continue the business and service to clients.
This engineer will be involved in solution development and ongoing support for a broad range of systems and network solutions. Areas of focus include Windows (Desktop, Server, Exchange, Active Directory) and Cisco (route/switch, firewall/VPN).
- Record, prioritize, and trouble-shoot N-Able (monitoring tool) alerts and help desk support requests in a courteous and timely manner
- Deploy, upgrade and support various network devices for assigned customers.
- Network administration of customer environments
- N-Able account setup, tuning and testing
- Assure that prescribed day-to-day systems tasks (e.g. backups, event logs, etc.) are performed
Required Technical Skills:
- 1 year of experience supporting small to medium sized networks (10-250 users) in a managed service environment
- 2+ years of systems and network experience
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft desktop operating systems (Vista/Win7)
- In-depth knowledge of Office products (Office 2007/2010)
- Knowledge of Microsoft server products including Windows Server 2003/2008/R2, Exchange 2003/2007/2010, SQL Server 2000/2005/2008
- Ability to research solutions to various issues on web sites or using other technical sources
- Ability to utilize technical resources effectively to develop solutions or proactively prepare for projects and implementations
Desired Technical Skills:
- Experience with network monitoring solutions, including N-Able
- Experience in a Value Added Reseller (VAR) environment
- General knowledge of network security, including some or all of the following technologies: Microsoft MCSE-level, Windows Server, Exchange, Active Directory, XP, CCNA-level Cisco internetworking (route/switch), firewall/VPN
- Microsoft certification with emphasis on server products
- Solid verbal and written communication skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to stay calm and focused under pressure
- Team player with a participative management and coaching style, which advocates a team concept
- Entrepreneurial attitude: self-motivated, self-directed
- Professional demeanor
- Flexibility: task assignment, priorities, work environment